Chapter 31

"That is so amazing, Lily! I'm so happy for you!" Marlene exclaimed, hugging Lily tightly. 

"I'm so happy for you too! You and Sirius finally got together!" Lily smiled brightly. 

"After all this time!" Marlene giggled. "I wonder if it's going to last."

"What?" Lily asked. 

"Our relationships! I'm very happy but I don't know..." Marlene stared at the ground, avoiding Lily's eye contact.

"What?" Lily asked, puzzled.

"I just have a weird feeling...never mind, it doesn't matter!" Marlene changed the topic and although Lily was a little suspicious, she acted as if Marlene hadn't brought anything weird up. 

***

Since Valentine's Day was approaching, every girl was anxious. Many owls flew in during breakfast with packages and letters attached. A package flew towards James who caught it instantly.

"What's that, James?" Peter asked as he stared in awe.

"It's obviously a love package from Snivellus." James smirked. "Good one!" Sirius laughed, punching James playfully.

"What is it actually, Potter?" Lily rolled her eyes as she reached towards the package. James pulled away and winked. "Oh come on!' Lily giggled.

"Why would I tell you what this package is?" James asked, hiding the package away from Lily.

"Because I'm amazing!" Lily giggled, taking a sip of her pumkin juice. 

"Not as amazing as me." James said with a flirty grin.

"You wish, Potter!" Lily stuck out her tongue and turned towards Marlene. As she turned, she saw Mary looking at her. Lily smiled warmly which Mary returned. Lily thought nothing of it but Mary's insides were burning. It was the worst feeling in the world to watch a happy couple flirt and play around with each other when you were single and alone. She missed being with Lily and sharing memories with her. Layla and Alice were great friends but Alice was mostly with Frank and Layla was just oblivious sometimes. 

"Have you heard about the Hogsmeade trip on Valentine's Day?" Lily asked Mary, trying to start a conversation. 

"Yes, sounds wicked!" Mary exclaimed. "We should go together!" 

Lily's face dropped and guilt flooded through her. "I'm sorry but I think James and I were going to-"

"Oh! That's fine, don't worry about it!" Mary lied, her face turning slightly red. 

"I can ask him if I can spend time with you and I'm sure that would not be a problem-"

"Nonsense! Enjoy your day with him!" Mary faked a smile and gathered her supplies. She regretted being mean to Lily before and now all she wanted was to be her friend and hang out with her. 

Maybe if she tried to get closer to Marlene, she could get to Lily. That could be an option. 

***

Sirius and James chatted and laughed loudly as they headed towards the common room. 

"Wait breakfast just ended, correct?" Sirius asked, looking around.

"Yeah, mate. Why?" James answered, trying to see what Sirius was looking for.

"Come with me." Sirius yanked James towards an empty classroom. He immediately starting unbuttoning his shirt.

"What are you doing?" James said, shocked. He backed away when Sirius continued to unbutton his shirt. Sirius ruffled through his hair to get that messy hair vibe. 

"Let's give the second year Hufflepuffs a little fun." Sirius said, winking playfully. James immediately understood and did the same thing Sirius was doing to himself. 

When they both looked as messy as they could get, they strutted out of the room. A few Hufflepuffs stood there, shocked. Their jaws dropped to the floor.

"Don't use that front desk, it's a little unsteady." James said, patting a young boy on his shoulder. 

The duo walked away, cracking up and fixing themselves up.

"Did you see that girl's face?" Sirius exclaimed. James shushed Sirius and listened to the Hufflepuffs chatting. 

"I swear we just saw Sirius Black and James Potter coming out of this classroom as if they just did it!" A young boy exclaimed. 

"Yeah, right." Another boy said. "Everyone knows they are just best friends, nothing more."

Sirius and James looked at each other and continued to laugh. They did not have to worry about rumors being spread about themselves because nobody would believe the poor, innocent and young Hufflepuffs that witnessed that. 

Jokes with Sirius always made James stop worrying about whether or not Lily would like his special Valentine's Day present. 

***

AN: Sorry for not updating in a while! I will try to update as soon as possible! I have lots of ideas for this story but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment them below! -Xoxo, Caroline :D