Chapter 30

"Lily Evans, is that even a question?" James chuckled.

"Maybe." Lily smirked. "Or maybe I just want to hear you say it."

"Alright, I have been in love with you since our first year." James stroked Lily's cheek and smiled.

"James, that makes me so happy." Lily said, honestly. She was glad somebody had cared for her so long. And she was glad it was James. 

"It's the truth. I'm in love with your lively personality, witty comebacks, and so much more." James said, passionately. 

Lily leaned in and placed her delicate lips on James'. They showed their love for each other through the kiss. With everyone going on, it felt good to release all their emotions in the kiss. It lasted long and Lily pulled away. 

"James, even if we try to get away from each other, it seems like our love never goes away." Lily said while smiling. 

"You can't get rid of me." James winked playfully. "No matter how hard you try." 

Lily smirked in response. 

"Lily, I made something a while ago and I keep on adding to it. Let me just go to my dormitory to grab it." James said, getting up.

Lily nodded in her head, wondering what he has to show her. She waited for his return and watched the breath taking sunset. It made Lily realize even more how beautiful Hogwarts truly is. She could sit out for hours just watching. Lily hummed as she patiently waited for James. 

"Sorry that took long, I have it here." James said, hiding the present behind his back. 

"James Potter, you better show me what that is!" Lily exclaimed, walking towards James.

"You'll have to get it from me." James smiled and walked away from Lily.

"Are you serious?" Lily laughed and continued to walk towards James.

"Yes, I actually am Sirius Black." James smirked and winked at Lily.

"James!" Lily laughed. 

James got off the roof and ran down the corridor. The duo sprinted across the castle. Many people looked at them confused or laughed at them. James and Lily didn't know anyone except themselves. They were lost in each other without realizing others. 

Lily jumped onto James, causing him to fall. She straddled him and yanked the possession out of his hands. It was a marron book. It felt like leather and had a Gryffindor logo.

She opened to the first page and saw a moving picture of themselves in their first year. There were more moving pictures of them in their first year together from different classes and events. After those were pictures of them in their second year, their third year, their fourth year, their fifth year, and finally pictures from this year. 

"James, this is amazing. Did you make this all by yourself?" Lily smiled and continued to look at the pictures. 

"Yes, some people helped me get the pictures which was helpful." James stared intently at Lily who was happily smiling at the book. 

She stood up and helped James get up, as well. He wrapped his arm protectively around her shoulders. 

"Lily, can I ask you something?" James said, quitely.

"You know you can ask me anything." Lily smiled and stared into James' glowing eyes. 

"Will you, Lily Evans, be my girlfriend?" James asked, formally. 

"Of course!" Lily smiled. After all this time, she waited for this day to come. And now, it finally came.

James had finally gotten the girl of his dreams and couldn't imagine what could be better. He would not mess up what he had right now, or so he hoped.

This couple seemed happy right now, but they had no idea what was yet to come. 

***

AN: This is not the last chapter! It may have seemed that way but I promise you it isn't! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! James and Lily are finally together! Yay! Thanks for reading! -Caroline :D <3