Chapter 14

Layla strutted around more than usual, as her secret unfolded.

"I don't believe it." Marlene said to Lily, who was reading the Daily Prophet. 

"It sure seems like the sort of thing they both would do." Lily sighed, flipping the page.

"I know but how could they be so stupid!" Marlene whispered so nobody would overhear.

"Hey gals." Sirius exclaimed, throwing his arm around Marlene who giggled.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Mary or some other girl?" Lily said with a cold tone.

"Turns out she isn't my type of girl." Sirius shrugged nonchalantly. 

"So is everyone not your type? Bloody hell Sirius! You act like you're all into Marlene but you're snogging another girl behind her back!" Lily yelled. Marlene looked nervously from Sirius to Lily.

"I don't know if Lily is right but I do know that I don't want to be just a random hookup that doesn't mean anything to you." Marlene sighed, darting up from the couch.

Sirius' eyes widened and his mouth remained open. "I know I've been horrible to you but was that really necessary?" 

"Sirius I'm just stressed-"

"Save it." 

***

"Alec, I know we don't know each other well but I was wondering if you wanted to go to Slughorn's party with me?" Lily asked, smiling warmly.

"It would be my pleasure! I'll be at your common room door a little before the party starts!" Alec grinned.

"Sounds fantastic!" Lily exclaimed and walked with Alec to potions, happily. Marlene smirked immediately when the pair walked in.

"When did this happen?" Marlene giggled.

"Just a few minutes ago!" Lily giggled back.

"I'm so happy for you!" Marlene exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

"Wait you aren't mad at me?" Lily asked, confused.

"Mad at you for what? You just told me the truth and I could never be mad at my best friend for more than an hour!" Marlene explained.

Lily looked over to James who was trying to get her attention.

"Don't trust him." James mouthed so nobody would hear.

"Don't you have something better to do than warn me? How about tending your pregnant girlfriend." Instead of mouth talking, Lily said this outloud by accident causing the room to fill with gasps.

***

AN: Thanks for reading, it means so much to me! In the next chapter, something huge will happen so look out for the next update! -Caroline <3