Chapter 4

"What the..." Before Lily could finish her sentence, James moved briskly in front of her, to protect her. The spell sruck James and before Lily knew it, James was laying on the floor, an enormous pile of blood forming around him. 

"Severus! W-What did you do to him?" An agonizing scream escaped her lips, as she tried many spells that could do any sort of help to James. "Severus please!" 

"He deserved it." Snape said curtly, turning his head away from the devasted Lily. She couldn't leave James alone in here with Severus but she needed help instantly. 

"My spells aren't working! I will do anything! Please!" Lily said desperately, hugging James with all her might just in case she would never be able to embrace his soft and delicate body again. Blood sputered out of James' chest and face continuosly. 

Severus walked closer to the scene, ignoring Lily's cries even though they left him grief stricken. 

"Please...do it for us." Lily felt hopeless at this point and James wasn't going to last much longer. She stood up briskly and jolted for the door for anybody who would actually try and help. She was almost out the door when a voice started mumbling, causing her to turn around. It was Snape chanting something that sounded like a song. Was he trying to help Lily?

Lily didn't say anything, not wanting to disturb him as he sang a counter-curse. She just simply sauntered towards him, tears still rolling down her check. She noticed that all the blood was easing as Severus went on with the counter-curse. Eventually all the blood was cleared and Lily darted towards him, holding out her arms. 

Severus assumed he was going to be thanked by a hug from Lily so he raised his arms, ready for a hug but was shocked and disapointed when Lily sprinted past him for James.

"Bloody hell!" James said as he welcomed Lily into his arms. The hug was passionate and warm, something they both enjoyed. Lily explained everything accurately to James so he understood fully what had happened. 

"James I was so worried-" Lily started to ramble but was cut off by James kissing her. It was soft at first but then gradually transformed into an intense snog. They were cut off once again by Severus clearing his throat awkwardly.

"Severus, thank you so much for saving James! I was really worried for a second there..." Lily spoke cheerfully. 

"Lilyflower, you have to admit, I looked very attractive when I was close to dying." James said cockily, grinning as Lily punched his arm harshly, a smile escaping her lips. James looked up to Snape who was still awkwardly standing there. James gave him a quick nod to show how grateful he actually was. 

***

AN: Thank you so much for all the reads, votes and comments! It means the absolute world to me and it makes my day! If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment below! I hope you have a great day! -Caroline :)