Chapter 32

Lily patiently waited at the Three Broomsticks, tapping her foot softly. A glass of Butterbeer sat in front of her and across from her: one for James and one for herself. She glanced over several times to make sure her gift for James was still there. The Nimbus broom awaited to be opened. To be honest, Lily had no clue which broom to buy James but after help from a worker, she was able to buy the best broom with the money she has been saving up. James has constantly been saying he needs a new broomstick so it would be the perfect gift. 

Time passed and Lily was still waiting. Her tapping foot grew louder and faster. She glanced over at the other tables seeing couples smiling and enjoying the time spent with each other. A girl sitting near Lily caught her eye and smiled softly. Lily tried her best to return the smile weakly. She would not stop thinking about James.

***

James was running late and he knew it. He should of just walked with Lily to the Three Broomsticks but decided to meet her there instead. He grabbed Sirius' comb even though he knew Sirius would not be happy with that and fixed his hair so Lily would approve. James flew down the stairs to the common room, greeted by a panicked Mary.

"Hey Mary I'm sory but I can't talk right now-"

"James! What do you think you're doing?" Mary exclaimed, already shoving James out the door.

"I have to get to the Three Broomsticks! I'm already really late and I know Lily gets nervous when something isn't on time!" He nervously tapped the gift in his pocket.

"The Three Broomsticks? Lily didn't tell you?" Mary looked at James with a serious expression.

"Tell me what?" James exclaimed, nervously. He was usually very brave but when it came to Lily, it was different. A good different.

"You are meeting her by the lake instead. She was going to have somebody tell you at the Three Broomsticks and surprise you at the lake but since you're already running late, you should just go to the lake first to save time." Mary said breathlessly. "Does that make sense?"

"Yeah..." James shrugged, he wasn't able to think clearly since he was so nervous.

"Now hurry up before it's too late or else she might leave!" Mary yelled, giving James a pat on the shoulder for luck.

"Thanks, Mary!" James quickly gave her a friendly hug before darting to the lake.

As James speed to the lake for Lily, she was waiting at the Three Broomsticks for him.

***

AN: Sorry for not updating! Trust me, there will be many updates coming your way this week! Thanks for all the supporting comments and votes! Love you all! -Caroline :D <3