Chapter 41

Marlene took a deep breath as she straightened in her seat. Pandora glanced from Marlene to the unexpected visitor as a small smile sat on her face.

"Sirius, do you need something?" Lily asked, smiling slightly. She grabbed Marlene's hand and tapped it lightly to comfort her since that always seemed to ease her mind.

It seemed like that whenever Sirius came into a room, Marlene would straighten up or get nervous. Lily would pick up on these habits and even though Marlene constantly says that Sirius isn't mature enough, Lily can still see the signs. Sometimes you just can't deny love.

"Yeah well I was wondering if you had any extra chocolate frogs." He smirked as he leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed against his chest and his legs crossed. Judging by his eyes, the girls could tell something was on his mind and that he needed to talk about something. It could be about anything when it came to Sirius. He could go from talking about chocolate frogs and Snape to the dark forces of the wizard world.

"Sirius!" Marlene exclaimed, giggling. "You know I never share my food."

"Point proven." Sirius said defensively as he rolled his eyes in a joking way.

"But seriously what are you doing here?" Marlene asked, tilting her head. Sirius walked over and sat in the empty seat next to Pandora, ignoring Marlene's question.

"Hiya! I've don't think we've properly met before." Sirius said with a bright smile as he stretched his legs out, making himself comfortable. He turned himself completely to face Pandora so that he could look her into her shining eyes as he spoke.

"I'm Pandora." She said quietly with a warm smile plastered on her face as her eyes sparkled in amusement. She seemed taken aback that Sirius was actually talking to her.

"Oh! You're the girl that always-"

Marlene kicked Sirius' leg harshly to make him quit talking since she didn't want him to say something idiotic that would hurt Pandora's feelings. Thankfully, Pandora didn't notice Marlene's kick and the conversation continued on.

They talked about the most diverse things and Marlene only had to kick Sirius a few more times and send him death glares to make sure he wouldn't overstep the comfort zone with Pandora. Sirius often said whatever was on his mind even if it hurt someone which is why Marlene wanted to prevent this.

"Okay so now what I've really wanted to talk about." Sirius began as he bit his bottom lip. He shifted his glance into Lily's eyes that stared at him intently, waiting for him to continue.

"I know you aren't on the greatest terms with James. I understand where you are coming from." Sirius admitted as he continued on. "But if you just simply talked to him and cleared things up, it would mean the world to him."

"Sirius-" Lily began but was cut of by Marlene.

"He's right, you know. It would be a friendly gesture, nothing too serious." She said.

Lily was quiet for a few moments as she debated all the possibilities in her head, twisting and turning each one over.

"Lily, why won't you just talk to him?" Marlene whispered as she tried to look into Lily's eyes that were focused in on the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"I really don't know. It just seems like I want to go up and clear everything up with him but then there's a part of me that is scared of the consequences." Lily said honestly as she brushed her hair back. "I'm scared that it's just going to end up like every other time with James and I. So what makes this time different?"

"You will never know if you don't try." Pandora said softly, the first thing she's said in a while as Sirius and Marlene nodded in agreement.

"I really appreciate you guys doing this and talking to me about this." Lily smiled, looking up into all of their eyes. "It means a lot, knowing you're all there."

"We will always be there for you." Marlene rubbed Lily's knee as she leaned in for a quick hug.

"Even if it sounds incredibly cheesy." Sirius chuckled as Marlene shot him a death glare with a hidden amusement part to it.

"But I just think I need more time to think this all through." Lily finished as she took a large breath and smiled with watery eyes.

"Lil, you can't keep doing this. Pushing everything away." Marlene whispered as she listened to what Lilly was saying.

"Why not?"

"Because if you're not ready now, will you ever be ready?" Sirius said with a serious tone, which was shocking to hear. Lily couldn't even think about how serious Sirius was being right now since she was so distracted.

"Sometimes you need to take risks and be a Gryffindor. Everyone looks up to you Lily so make them proud." Pandora said with a warm smile. "Even though I honestly have no clue what's going on. All I know is that I love Jily."

The group laughed at Pandora's comment as Pandora brushed her long blonde hair to the side happily.

"Alright but is James ready to even talk to me?" Lily asked as she looked into the others' eyes that were engaged with the matter at hand.

"I'm always ready." James' voice called from the doorway of the compartment.

***

AN: Thanks for reading, commenting and voting on all of these chapters! This story has had such a positive impact on me and seeing all of your reactions to this story makes my day every time. So thanks again! Please stay tuned because I will continue to update, these last few weeks have been stressful with midterms but I'm back and better than ever! Also there is still a lot to this story so it won't be over for a while! ;) AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100K READS!! Ahhhh that is unbelievable I can't even skskksjsn I could not do this without you so thank you!
-Caroline <3 :) :D