Chapter 37

"Where do you think she is?" Marlene asked eagerly, looking around at the others excitedly. "This is going to be like an adventure!"

Sirius chuckled loudly, holding his stomach as he shook his head. Marlene raised an eyebrow that asked to explain but Sirius continued laughing. His laugh was a loud cackle that gradually got louder and it was the type to make others laugh too which is why everyone had a tight smile on their face even in this dark time.

Marlene was confused with her and Sirius' relationship, to be honest. She enjoyed spending time with him and he always knew how to lift her spirits, regardless of what was happening. As much as she wished she could, she couldn't see a future with him. He wasn't the type to settle down for a long period of time in a relationship which is what Marlene needed. Although, everyone thought they would be perfect together, Marlene thought it was best to be in a fling with him, nothing more.

"How are you still laughing?" Marlene teased, contemplating to continue asking questions about what he was laughing since he clearly wasn't going to answer them right now. Sirius looked up at her and grabbed her hand to try and stop his laughter. This resulted in more giggles which didn't help at all.

Sirius loved spending time with Marlene and could see them working out in the future. She always knew how to have fun but talk about serious things at the same time. That was exactly what he needed in a girl. He didn't know where he stood in her life but he wanted to figure everything out and get in a relationship after this.

"I'm laughing because you were so serious five minutes ago and now you think it's an adventure." Sirius said after taking deep breaths and calming down. "You are one crazy girl Marlene McKinnon."

She winked playfully without thinking and immediately regretted it, she didn't want to lead him on like she has been doing. He blew her a kiss back flirtatiously which she rolled her eyes at in response suddenly.

"Uhh hello, we need to find Lily here!" Remus interrupted awkwardly, shaking his head in laughter. He always knew when to stop fooling around and to get serious.

"Yeah, we need to find Lily here." Peter repeated, crossing his hands over his chest dramatically. Sirius and Marlene laughed at this and darted towards the common room door to exit.

"To Lily we come!" Marlene exclaimed, raising her hand up for dramatic effect. James actually smirked at that which is the first emotion he's shown in a while.

The group must of looked crazy to others as they ran down the corridors. James was still wearing a nice outfit with a black tie and plaid button down which was for the date that was supposed to happen. Marlene, Remus and Peter were wearing their pajamas since they were just hanging out in the common room before, doing nothing.

"Does anyone actually know where Lily could be?" Marlene said, out of breath from all the running. She stopped and took heaving breaths, resting her hand on Remus' shoulder for support. "I should probably work out more but then there's food."

Sirius and James weren't tired at all from all the training they do in Qudditch which benefited them. Peter could hardly catch up and was nervously looking around for any sort of help. Per usual.

"We should probably split up." Remus suggested which caused everyone else to nod in agreement. "How about James and I and then Sirius, Marlene and Peter?"

James nodded fastly, finally looking everyone in the eyes. "I can grab my invisibility cloak so we can sneak around." Marlene's eyes immediately widened and she gasped in surprise. James followed where her eyes were looking so he turned around. "What? I don't see anything."

"Invisibility cloak? It wasn't just a rumor?" She tried shaking her head to clear her thoughts but couldn't believe it. "How?"

"We can explain later but we need to go." James said, trying to get away from the topic.

The group disbanded with James and Remus heading to the common room to grab the cloak and Sirius, Marlene and Peter heading in other direction. They all decided to meet back in the common room in exactly an hour, regardless if they found Lily or not. James' friends had never seen James so into a girl before so when a misunderstanding happened and Lily was nowhere to be found, it was a big deal. Plus, nobody wanted to do their potion's essay so it was a win win.

"Where do you think she is?" Peter questioned quite loudly which caused Sirius and Marlene to shush him at the same time as a group of Hufflepuffs passed by.

"We have no clue where she is, that's why we're looking for her!" Marlene exclaimed while still whispering. "She can't be that far though and maybe she's still at The Three Broomsticks?"

"I doubt it." Sirius said, taking a deep breath slowly. "We all know Lily very well and we know she wouldn't just wait for James for hours. She's feisty and knows how she should be treated, yet she still manages to be kind to everyone. I don't understand how she does it."

"Well that was deep, Black." Marlene giggled and nodded her head in agreement. "Maybe you should become a professor after Hogwarts with all that knowledge!" She said sarcastically which earned a light shove from Sirius.

"Maybe you should be a professor after Hogwarts since you're so smart!" Peter said proudly, repeating exactly what Marlene had said just in a litte different wording. Marlene and Sirius caught eye contact and bursted into fits of laughter, alarming a dismayed Peter. He began to shake his head from side to side as he tried to join in on the joke.

A group of Ravenclaws headed their way and Peter began to scream in laughter to make it seem like he was in on the joke to the Ravenclaws. Marlene and Sirius stopped laughing and looked at Peter with a confused expression.

"What are you doing Pet-" Sirius began to say but was interrupted by a screaming Marlene.

"Oh my! Is that Lily?" Marlene pointed down the hall as Peter and Sirius averted their eyes into that direction.

***

AN: Thank you thank you thank you all so much for the votes and comments! It is so sweet and thoughtful of you guys! I've been going through something hard so all your support of this story has made my day everyday! Can we please take a moment to admire the amazing cover for this story!?! The amazing AshWeasley1 made it which was so kind and thoughtful! She did an amazing job! Another thank you all so much for everything, have an amazing day! More updates coming for you!!!

-Caroline <3 :D :) :))))