Chapter 13

Defense Against the Dark Arts with the one and only James Potter.

"Evans." No response.

"Earth to Evans!"

"Evans, I'll run around the commom room naked if you respond, I know you would like that." 

"The only thing I like about you is the fact that you have your head so tightly screwed in your own ass, which makes it impossible to see." Lily said with confidence. 

"Are you trying to tell me you admire my fine ass, Evans? Thank you, but you're clearly not the first." James winked cheekily. 

"Erm...." Lily's mind zoomed with any sort of comeback but it was completely blank. Her eyes widened as she blushed. James grinned since he successfully made Lily Evans speechless.

Lily looked over and caught Marlene's eye who giggled and eyed the two of them. Marlene then turned back to Remus, talking non-stop.

"So why did you take this class anyways, Evans?" James asked, ruffling his hair to make it even more untidy. 

"Well I had a free period so why not?" Lily said, taking notes.

"Interesting. So who are you taking to Slughorn's party?" James asked, casually.

"I haven't really thought about it." Lily said, her face heating up again.

"Layla is taking me." James said, proudly.

"Wow, Potter." Lily whispered angrily. 

"What?" James asked. 

***

"I don't see what's the big deal!" Marlene exclaimed, pacing around the dormitory. 

"He's going with her!" Lily yelled.

"But why does it matter? You weren't going to go with him, anways." 

"But she's Layla! She's bloody-"

"Lily! You have been talking about James and Layla for the last hour! Are you sure you don't like him?" Marlene exclaimed, smirking.

"Are you bloody serious?" Lily exclaimed.

"If you didn't like him, you wouldn't care so much." Marlene giggled.

"Marlene!" Lily darted out of the room, thoughts zooming around.

The party was tomorrow and she had no clue who to bring. The only thing that could stop the butterflies in her stomach about James was Layla's deranged news.