Chapter 42

Marlene squealed but she immediately covered her mouth with her hands as the group looked over. A blush flew to her cheeks as she warmly smiled at James who was standing by the door.

Sirius was raising his eyebrows as he looked back and forth from James to Lily. There was a smirk plastered across his face as he rested his hands underneath his chin, interested to watch what would unfold in front of him.

Pandora just simply smiled brightly at the pair as she stood up. She excused herself so the couple could have alone time and fluttered out of the room.

Lily looked at Marlene and Sirius who still had their eyes focused on James and Lily. Laughing, Lily raised her eyebrows, motioning for the pair to leave.

"What?" Marlene gasped as she pretended to act dumb so she wouldn't have to leave.

"Hey!" Sirius exclaimed, giving Lily a pretended stern look. "I'm the biggest Lames shipper there is!"

"Shipper?" Lily chucked lightly as she cocked her head sideways. "What does that even mean?"

"If you were actually the biggest shipper, you would know it's only Jily and not Lames!" Marlene said matter-of-factly as she crossed her arms against her chest. "And you can't keep switching up what you call them, last week you called them Jily and now you're calling them Lames-"

"Just get out of the both of you." James said as he stifled a laugh. Marlene grinned like an idiot and dragged Sirius out of the room.

James did a quick spell to shut the blinds so they could have their privacy and they could hear Sirius yell "Don't have too much fun in there!" before the door completely shut. They could both hear Sirius and Marlene laughing, Marlene was truly the female version of Sirius and Sirius was the male version of Marlene. It just fit, regardless of what Marlene thought.

"Well." James said as he teetered back and forth on his feet after a few intense moments of silence.

"Well." Lily repeated as she looked into James' eyes that seemed to be shining right now. She was wringing her hands nervously, a trait she rarely did unless she didn't know what to expect of a situation.

"You wanted to talk?" James asked, averting his eyes to the ground.

"More like Sirius and Marlene want us to talk." Lily said while giggling softly. "Even Peter, too."

"Peter agrees with whatever they say." James admitted, smirking as he looked up from the ground.

"Which probably won't end up well if he keeps listening to them." Lily retorted. "Because who knows what Marlene and Sirius are capable of saying."

James snorted loudly at Lily's joke which caused Lily to burst. Sometimes James' laugh was unstoppable and blasted throughout the room, it was one of her favorite traits about him that couldn't compare to anyone else.

"We always end up in this situation, don't we?" Lily said, bitting her lip softly. James' expression changed from humor to seriousness as he walked over to the seat across from Lily. He sat fastly, as if Lily would change her mind and not want to talk to him anymore.

"What do you mean?" James asked, tilting his head as he leaned back into the seat, trying his best to relax himself.

"It seems like everything goes well at first but then everything pins against us." Lily said, placing a pocket of hair behind her ear. "Why do we go through so much if it doesn't work out in the end?"

"Sometimes love can be challenging and it may seem like it's never going to work but that's what makes it last."

Lily's jaw dropped slightly at James' comment. She didn't expect him to say something so....deep? Was she really talking to James Potter right now? What happened to the funny, crazy and love able James Potter that snorted loudly? She couldn't help the smile that spread across her face because she liked this side of James and hardly got to see it.

"How do you know it's going to last?" Lily said, realization settling.

"Because if we can make it through all this together, we can make it through anything. It would last." James said, staring into Lily's eyes and holding her gaze. She looked down as she took a deep breath.

Lily ducked her head slowly but still managed to peek at James from under her wet lashes. Tears were staring to form. Lily opened her mouth but then closed it right after. She was completely speechless. James Potter always managed to make her speechless even though she had millions of words to say to others.

"Is love going to be a feeling or a commitment with you?" Lily asked, still peeking through her lashes to look at James who was trying to figure out the perfect words to respond back.

"Look, Lilyflower." Lily smiled at the old nickname he called her before he continued speaking. "I can't make you love me. I can't make you continue to fight with these struggles for me. I can't do that."

He paused before continuing. "But I can make you try. Make you try to want to love me not feel forced to love me." James smiled at Lily before reaching across and lifting her downwards head. Her eyes blared into his.

"Our love wouldn't be a commitment." James leaned into Lily who leaned in as well. Their lips attached as they passionately locked lips.

Their lips seemed to mold in each other like they always did as they shared a simple kiss to show their love. Nothing too intense but it made the point at first. James titled his head so he could get a better angle as Lily opened her mouth, allowing James' tongue to enter. The kiss immediately shifted to something much more and then Lily pulled away, smirking.

"It would be something we would we want." James whispered as he continued his sentence from before the kiss. He grabbed Lily's warm hand that sent down even more joy throughout his body as a smile lay across his face.

***

AN: Thank you so so so so so so so so much!!! You guys are honestly the best ever for commenting voting and reading! This story is not over there will still be lots of drama and more goodies as it continues into their 7th year! Oh yeah!!! So stay tuned!! Thanks 108K reads ;)))) <3 :D :)