Chapter 22

Lily glanced at the group. She felt everyone's eyes looking in her direction, eager to find out. 

"Pfff...she probably hasn't had a first kiss. She's Lily Evans! Studying all the time-"

"Snape." Lily imediately said, cutting Layla off. Marlene and Mary both looked at each other with their jaws dropped. Remus shrugged, acting like he was expecting that answer. Sirius smirked, as if this was a joke. Peter looked at everyone else to see their opinion. Alice and Frank were still too wrapped up in each other. She was not able to describe the reaction of James. 

"You have got to me kidding me!" Sirius cracked up, slapping his knee. "And my first kiss was to Lestrange!" 

"I don't think she's kidding." Marlene mumbled which immediately caused Sirius to shut up. 

Lily froze, regretting telling the truth. She couldn't bear to look at James and his hurt eyes. A loud ticking from the clock blasted in her ears. She should of lied. A feeling of regret continued to flow through her but at the same time, why is James so hurt by this? They never officially dated so she didn't cheat or anything. In fact, when she kissed Snape, she could not even stand to be in a room alone with James. Lily needed some air and a break away from the group. Rising from the velvet couch, she stumbled towards the door. What was happening to her?

Remus quickly got up and followed Lily who didn't answer his comforting calls.

"Lily!" Remus yelled in the halls. "Lily stop!" 

"Will you shut up?" A painting yelled back at Remus. 

"I agree with Joe, and that's saying something!" Another painting screamed from across.

"What are you trying to say?" Joe, a figure in the painting exclaimed. 

"Well you always are dishonest-" The painting begin to say.

"Nobody cares!" Another painting joined the heated argument.

Remus chuckled and continued to run towards Lily, away from the intense talking paintings. 

He eventually caught up and grabbed her arm. 

"Remus! What are you doing?" Lily yanked her arm away from his touch.

"Trying to help you! Why would you run away? That isn't like you at all! In fact, I haven't seen the true Lily in forever!" Remus yelled which faded into a whisper, as soon as he saw the look on Lily's pale face. 

"I don't know what's gotten into me, honestly. I guess it's James and I couldn't stand to see the look on his face. Why did he even care so much?" Lily sighed and sat down, against the wall. 

The paintings were all quiet now, listening to their deep conversation. Not one dared to say a word so they could correctly hear everything Lily and Remus were saying. 

"This hasn't effected you before.." Remus sat down next to Lily.

"I know...what's happening to me? I don't know what's right and wrong anymore." Remus reached his  hand towards Lily's cheek and wiped away the tears falling from her eyes, that weren't so bright right now.

"All I know, is that you're always here-" Lily begin to say, staring into Remus' bright eyes that were somehow glowing in the dark. Her mind slipped away and she reached forward. Lily placed her delicate lips onto Remus', who didn't back away, despite the feelings his best friend has for this girl.

The kiss lasted long, gradually getting more intense. The lips were in sync together and Lily was the one to reach away.

"For me." Lily finished her sentence, smiling at Remus and forgetting everything that has been happening. 

Remus has had feelings for Lily forever but immediately was regretting his actions. He had just betrayed the person who was always there for him.

AN: Hello everyone! Sorry not updating in a while! I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and I wish you the best of luck for 2015! A new update is coming soon! Comment below what you think of this chapter, I had a lot of fun writing it! Also I do have an instagram which is jily.forever if you want updates! -Caroline <3