Chapter 44

As much as Lily loved Hogwarts, the feeling of summer break felt amazing. It was great to take a break from everything and clear her mind. She needed to think everything over especially James, she just couldn't sort her feelings out for him.

He had this affect almost like a magical spell that charmed her whether she liked to admit it or not. Just the look in his eye could give her a loss of words and for Lily, a loss of words was almost impossible so it had to be something important when that happened.

Everyone, especially Sirius and James, were so intrigued and were impatiently waiting a response from Rub, Hagrid- they didn't know what to call him since they didn't know if they were on a first basis yet.

The letter was going to be sent to Marlene's because that's where her owl was going to go. She promised to not open the letter until everyone was all reunited which was going to be today.

So much for Lily clearing her mind over the summer break when she was going to be seeing James today...

***
*LILY'S POV* (first time I'm doing this yay, let me know if you like it!*

"Hey!" Marlene exclaimed, running over to me as I entered her house. "The gang is all back!"

Marlene was part of an entire wizarding family so her house was filled with simple magic spells to transform it. For example, her house was spotless and clean due to all the brooms and rags doing the work themselves. A cat was purring around the house and avoided human contact. If the cat could, it seemed like it wanted to hibernate and be away from humans for as long as possible.

"Oh! Her name is Meowedith." Marlene said as she followed my gaze to the cat.

"Meowedith?" I started to giggled as Marlene struggled to pick Meowedith up who was purring viciously to stay on the ground.

"Yeah!" Marlene said happily, seeming oblivious to how unhappy the cat was. "Her real name is Meredith but I nicknamed her Meowedith."

"Only you, Marls." I said while smirking as Marlene tried to plop the cat in my hands. "Marlene, I don't think this is a good idea-"

"Is that Lilyflower I hear?" James said, darting over in excitement. He started to dance around happily as he sang as, acting like the happiest person in the world just to see....me?

He tried to put his arms around me in an enormous bear hug but Meowedith was in the middle of the hug unhappily.

She was hissing and started to scratch James. He tried to hide his pain but even if you're the strongest person in the world, a cat scratching you is not comfortable. Meowedith dropped to the ground as James struggled to hold her while being scratched. I exclaimed and apologized to Marlene who just laughed loudly in response.

"Now we can read Hagrid's letter since we are all here!" Sirius exclaimed, grinning like a little kid. "Oh I mean, hey Lily!"

"You're more excited to hear from Hagrid than to see me?" I said in mock sadness, putting on a puppy dog face.

"Lilyflower, he just doesn't appreciate you like I do." James said, looking over to me with over dramatic appreciation.

"Oh shush." I said, putting my finger up to his mouth in an attempt to quiet him.

He then decided to lick my finger in a joking way. "James!"

"Will you two lovebirds just shut it for a second?" Sirius said, rolling his eyes in a funny manner.

"Okay so who's doing the honor of reading the letter?" Marlene said, popping an eyebrow to question.

"Me!" Sirius said, ripping the letter from her hands in excitement.

"Well hello James, Lily, Marlene and Sirius," Sirius said pausing immediately. "Wait why was my name listed last?"

"Okay we don't need commentary after every line. I'll read it." I said with a smirk as I successfully grabbed the letter from Sirius who was still trying to hold onto it.

"I remember ya, Lily. It was great to see ya by The Three Broomsticks, maybe we should all meet there this school year.

James and Sirius...are you the two who always creep on me when I'm trying to work? I've been meaning to meet ya and I'm glad to know I have fans.

Marlene is your father Stephen? I knew him way back when, we were great friends. Tell him I say hello, will ya?

I was very happy to get this letter even though the owl looked a little lost and confused, ha ha.

Let me know if any of ya have any problems or questions, I would be happy to answer."

"Did you hear that?" James and Sirius exclaimed as soon as I finished reading the short letter. Due to the spelling errors, I could tell Hagrid wasn't the person who wrote letter often so I was glad to know we probably made his day when we sent him a letter.

"He knows who we are!" Sirius high-fived James as if they accomplished the most wonderful thing in the world.

"And he knows my father!" Marlene exclaimed, just as excited as the boys. When she realized everyone was looking over, her face turned crimson and she started to stutter. "I mean I guess that's kinda cool..."

"That's good to hear that we can always come to him if we ever need any advice or anything like that." I added, smiling warmly.

"And we can hang out with him during the school year" James responded with enthusiasm.

"Through all the time I've know you guys, I've never seen you so excited before." Marlene giggled. She tossed her blonde hair over her shoulder as she talked.

"So what do we do now?" I ask, looking to the group in front of me.

We all were on her leather couches since we wanted to be comfortable rather than standing as we read the letter. I had my legs crossed across James' legs since I had to admit, it was very comfortable. Sirius was on his own leather chair seperate from the couch, acting like a king as Marlene was on the other side of me.

"Well my parents aren't home so-"

"Ayeeeeeee!" Sirius winked playfully.

"No, just no." I responded, rolling my eyes.

"I was gonna say we could go out somewhere maybe?" Marlene said after giving a glare to Sirius.

"I have an idea!" I jumped up, happily. I was the only one who didn't come from a full on wizarding family. Due to this, the others haven't experienced some of the things muggles did for fun.

"We can go to a drive-in!" I said, happily.

"What's drive-in?" They all repeated back to me in the same confused tone. I just chuckled in response, they are about to experience something quite special.

***

AN: I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! I completely promise that you will experience so many updates because it's summer!! What are you guys doing this summer? Let me know in the comments! Yay love you all! -Caroline <3 :D :)