Chapter 24

Lily's jaw dropped as Remus sped away. Although she didn't know this was the truth until now, she had thought it was suspicious that Layla wasn't showing. But why did Remus hid this information from all his friends? And more importantly, how did he find out? Lily couldn't just keep this information to herself, she had to confront Layla.

"Hello Lily!" A girl with long flowing blonde hair approached Lily and was smiling warmly. 

"Hello! Erm-" Lily begin to say.

"Pandora." She said, her sparkling eyes smiling at Lily.

"Do you need anything?" Lily smiled at Pandora who she recognized as the girl who was bullied by her absent mind. 

"No, just wanted to say hi!" Pandora exclaimed and skipped off towards a corridor. Her beautiful hair flew behind her as she skipped away. She went out of her way to say hello to Lily. 

***

"Lily you were flirting it up at breakfast!" Marlene giggled and slapped Lily's arm lightly. 

"I was not!" Lily protested.

"Was to!" Marlene yelled, unable to contain her loud laughter which echoed in the hall. "Everyone was watching you two, it was like a game show!" 

"Really?" Lily asked, with a shocked expression. 

"You bet!" Marlene giggled. "Most people were looking at you with envy, probably because your flirting with the famous James Potter. Sirius and I were trying to imitate everyone's expressions!" 

"Wait was Remus watching?" Lily wondered.

"Duh! He looked mad in a way, there was probably something on his mind!" Marlene said seriously. "Speaking of Remus, what did he say to you after he chased after you? James was about to go out and comfort you but Remus beat him to it." 

"James was going to go comfort me?" Lily asked. Even though he was hurt by her, he would still make sure she was okay. 

"Yes!" Marlene smirked. "I bet you would of liked that!" Marlene winked playfully. 

"You're going to want to hear this, James and I are hanging out after classes."

"No way! You need to tell me all the details!" Marlene giggled as the duo made the way to their class, talking non-stop about recent events. 

***

"Layla, can I talk to you for a second?" Lily called for her attention.

"What do you possibly need?" Layla sneered.

"Well I was just going to say....erm...you know it doesn't actually matter." Lily chickened out. She regretted it deeply and wouldn't be able to live with herself if she never said it. 

"Don't waste-"

"You need to tell James the truth or I will." Lily said strongly, wanting to herself a pat on the back.

"Excuse me?" Layla glared at Lily, there was a hint of fear in her eyes but she tried her best to hid it.

"You heard me. I know the truth about your baby." Lily said with a serious tone and look. 

"H-How did you know?" Layla's face dropped but she tried to conceal it.

"That doesn't matter. I will give you till the end of the school day or else I will tell him." Lily walked away sassily, without looking behind.

Now Lily would have to wait till every class was over until she would be able to hang out with James and find out if Layla told him the truth. 

AN: Thanks for reading! I hope everyone enjoyed that chapter! I just want to give a shoutout to @Elenastefandamonxox for always sending me the sweetest messages and motivating me to update! I would also like to give a shoutout to @Winky_2 for leaving the nicest comment on Chapter 23! It made my day and was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me! -Caroline :D <3