Chapter 8

Lily spent her long summer days, trying to make peace with her sister which ended up into a brutal fight and working hard and efficiently on the holiday work. Marlene and Remus sent her an occasional letter but they were both busy traveling. At lonely times, Lily even considered talking to Severus but always denied the thought. 

"There's a letter for you." Petunia said cooly, slamming the fragile letter on Lily's bedroom floor which she was currently doing her work in. 

"Thanks." Lily said as nicely as possible.

"You haven't gotten much letters this summer and that creep Snape hasn't visited you. Did you loose all your friends because they realized how much of a freak you really are?" Petunia sneered, strutting out. Lily sighed in response, feeling more lonely than ever.

Lily carefully grabbed the envelope and peered inside. A letter from Hogwarts! She examined the school supplies list and smiled brightly because she would finally be back home soon. 

"Lily, dear. I'm assuming you need to go and get your necessities. We can go today, if you would like." Lily's mother said calmly.

"That would be wicked!" Lily exclaimed, excited to go back into the Wizarding World. 

Lily grabbed a few things quickly, as she went out the door with her mother. Petunia stared with envy as she watched the two. 

"You haven't talked much about school. Is everything alright?" Her mother asked with a concerned look.

"Better than ever." Lily rolled her eyes. The conversation consisted of Lily's "friends" and how they were doing. Lily lied so her mother wouldn't get even more concerned. 

Lily was more excited than ever when she arrived at Diagon Alley, partly because she could get away from any more questions. 

After getting her money, she dashed from store to store, anxious to get her hands on new books. 

"Remus?" Lily called, when she thought she saw Remus. To her delight, Remus turned around, looking shocked to see her which then turned to panic. She ran to him and flung her arms around him.

"It's so great to see you! How is your holiday? Wait I thought you were in America?" Lily asked, sounding very much like Marlene. 

"Lily." Remus said with a worried look. He turned around frantically, looking in a certain direction. Lily followed his eyes and immediately gasped.