Chapter 33

Thoughts zoomed through Lily's head. She had seen James earlier and they talked about the special date, so he couldn't possibly forget that soon. Right?

She took a sip and the delicious taste of butterbeer flooded through her. Butterbeer usually made her calm and relaxed, but this time was different.

"Hello." A deep voice said, sitting into the empty seat across from her. She gasped since it clearly was not James.

***

"Lilyflower! I'm here!" James ran to the lake, out of breath. "I'm sorry I'm late-"

He looked around and did not spot Lily. James made his hair untidy and continued to walk around. His nervousness didn't help the situation as he continued to wonder.

"Are you trying to hide from me, Evans?" James said flirtatiously, trying to lighten the mood. No response. Was she alright? Did he come to late?

"She already left." A high pitched voice exclaimed. Footsteps walked towards him and the girl straddled his body.

***

"Who are you?" Lily said, taken aback.

"Cameron." He said, simply. His bright blue eyes glowed and he smirked at Lily. He had a familar look, but Lily could not place who he was at the moment.

"Well I'm sorry Cameron, but that seat is actually taken." Lily said with a feisty tone.

"The person doesn't seem to be here, eh?" Cameron said with a clear wink.

"T-They are going to be here..." Lily said, "Soon."

"Well we have some time alone together, then." Cameron reached for Lily's hand but she slid it away just in time.

"Look, I don't know who you are or what you think you're doing." Lily examined Cameron quickly from his long-sleeved, button down and plaid shirt to his brown pants that were a little to tight on him. Lily was not impressed. "But you should not be here. I expect my boyfriend should arrive soon."

"Boyfriend? Maybe we can change that..."

"Stop it! Who do you think you are?" Lily said, standing up and prepared to walk away.

"Don't you recognize me?" He said with a scary smile that sent chills down Lily's entire body.

***

AN: Thanks for reading! -Caroline :D <3