Chapter 26

Marlene and Mary continued to chat on the couch, enjoying each other's company.

"Marlene, I have a surprise for you to show that I'm truly sorry for everything." Mary said with excitement.

"Oh really? That's so exciting! What is it?" Marlene giggled, asking many questions. 

"You'll see!" Mary dragged Marlene off the couch and pulled her out of the common room. Marlene grabbed Mary's hand so she could lead her to the destination.

***

"James, Remus was the one who told me the truth about Layla. As soon as I found out, I told her to tell you or else I would. I don't know how he found out about it." Lily said breathlessly. "James?"

He felt betrayed by his best friend, who he thought was always there for him. "So you're saying he knew about the truth and didn't tell me?" 

"Look, I don't know the full story but you should not-"

"Lily don't tell me what to do!" James yelled, clenching his fists. 

"James..." Lily said nervously, taking his arm to try and calm his nerves.

Remus stood behind the tree and couldn't watch anymore. The peaceful and beautiful lake couldn't and wouldn't calm his nerves and regret. A ringing sound filled his eyes and he realized what he had to do. 

"James." Remus walked towards him, his wand raised, just in case.

"You knew she wasn't pregnant? Was this some plan?" James didn't hide his anger. James raised his wand as well. Lily looked at the two of them several times and decided to pull her wand out too to be safe.

"Remus, what are you doing here?" Lily asked, frightened. She kept a very tight grip on her wand. 

"Shut it." Remus brushed against Lily harshly. 

"Don't tell her to shut it." James sneered.

"James you need to calm down." Remus walked slowly towards James.

"Remus! Just go away, you're only upsetting him more!" Lily exclaimed. 

"How am I the one upsetting him?" Remus yelled back. 

"Because you didn't tell him the truth as soon as you found out!" Lily took a deep breath. She wondered to herself how Remus found out that Layla wasn't pregnant but didn't dare say a word outloud.

"Lily don't act all sweet and innocent. You know what you did." Remus glared at Lily. 

"Remus..." Lily's heart dropped. How could he metion what happened when James is upset? What kind of friend is he? Lily hasn't seen the true Remus lately which frightens her. 

"Lily, what is he talking about?" James whispered, stepping closer to Lily. James looked scared to find out what Remus was talking about. 

***

AN: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I can't believe this story has 26 chapters! I could not have made it this far without everyone commenting, voting, reading and messaging me so thank you! Love you all! -Caroline <3 :D