Chapter 6

"James." Lily could hear Layla's moans as she slammed the door opened.

"What's going on?" Lily exclaimed, startling both James and Layla.

"L-Lily!" James screeched as Layla pulled the covers to her chin.

"Wow for a second there, Potter, I actually thought we were going somewhere. But clearly not!" Lily said with a feisty tone. She turned around and darted down the stairs, not looking back. She couldn't handle looking at that scene, anymore. 

"Lily!" Mary said, running towards her friend.

"You! S-Stay away from me! You let this happen!" Lily said, stumbling upon her words as tears formed in her eyes.

"Lily let me explain-" Mary begged.

"No! You tried to lie to me about where James was! You could have stopped Layla and James! The same goes for you Sirius!" Lily screamed as Sirius made his way over, an eager Peter following close behind. "Please just leave me alone. All of you." Lily said, exiting the common room. She headed towards the library, the only safe place she could think of. She couldn't hold in her tears anymore. They slid down her face as she recalled all the memories with James.

The date they had shared with the passionate kiss that she didn't want to end. She didn't want it to be over. But gradually, she began to realize that it was over. James would never be a trustworthy boyfriend or even, friend. Mary and Sirius didn't even try to help or stop it, they let it happen, as if it was okay. As if it was, normal. 

Tomorrow, she would be home. Tomorrow, she would be away from Sirius and Mary. Tomorrow she would be away from Layla. Tomorrow, she would be away from James.