Chapter 34

"No I don't recognize you." Lily said, over her shoulder. "And I'm glad I don't."

"Come on, Lilyflower..." Cameron added, moving closer to her.

"Lilyflower? Who do you think you are?" Lily stared him straight in the eyes, not looking away. She had to keep her confidence level up even though shivers were going through her body.

"Well I know you recognize me, deep inside." Cameron added, looking around to make sure nobody would see.

In this second that Cameron looked away, Lily darted towards the door. She didn't look back and continued to take turns throughout the streets. When she saw anyone approach her, she would yell spells to protect herself.

Her heart beated faster and faster with each step she took. She couldn't even focus straight and she yelled "Wingardium Leviosa!"

"Hey!" A man yelled nearby. Thinking it was Cameron, she quickly glanced to see if how close he was. Her wand was pointed at a small and chunky man. His hat was floated above his head and he desperately tried to jump up and grab it.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't thinking-"

"Just give me back my hat!" The man grunted.

"Accio hat." The hat was summoned towards her and she caught it quickly. Lily ran to the man and give it to him, trying her best to be polite.

"Thanks, I guess." He mumbled. "I could of done the Accio spell but I left my wand at home." He added.

Lily's eyes darted to his pockets where a long and thin wand stretched out. He caught her eyes and began mumbling. "It's not like I forgot the spell. I, um-"

Lily looked up and thought she spotted Cameron from a distance. She ran off in the opposite direction, leaving the man confused and embarrassed.

"I'm Rub, by the way! If you were wondering! I'm a highly professional wizard who-"

Lily didn't hear the rest as she sprinted towards the castle. Her eyes filled with tears. She didn't feel safe. How could James do this to her?

He has never really changed, has he? Deep down inside, he is a selfish and ignorant guy, just like everyone else. Remus was the opposite, caring and kind and always thinking of others. Was couldn't she just simply be attracted to him? It would make everything easier and Lily would not have to feel this way. Yet, even after all the pain, Lily's heart was still for James Potter. No matter how he acted, she would love him. Does he not care for her? Did he purposely not show up to the date, even though he knew how much it meant to Lily? A tear slowly slid down Lily's cheek and she quickly wiped it away, as if she could wipe away the pain. But you can't just wipe away pain, it only makes the pain stronger.

"I've finally found you." A voice said close to Lily, causing her to whip her head towards the voice.