Chapter 45

"Okay, okay." Sirius said, gathering everyone's attention. "Is anyone still wondering what we should call Rub...uh...Hagrid?"

"You're still thinking about this?" Lily said, giggling while throwing a piece of popcorn at him.

"Ow!" Sirius said in mock pain.

"Hey, don't hurt my baby Sirius!" Marlene said, in a joking tone grabbing Sirius' head and hugging it.

"You guys better not be talking throughout the entire movie." James said, emphasizing the word entire.

"It must be somebody's time of the month." Marlene whispered to Sirius and Lily who laughed in response. James crossed his arms, huffed and said, "hey!"

"Is this really what muggles do?" Sirius asked, looking around at the drive-in.

"Well...yeah." Lily shrugged. "It's one of the many things muggles do. Not all of us need magic to keep us entertained."

"They just sit in these things called cars and watch?" Marlene asked, hanging on to every word Lily was saying. She really was interested in the muggle world and how muggles were able to get on without magic.

"That's not true!" James said. "We don't need magic to keep us entertained."

"Yeah I agree with him." Sirius said, pointing his finger to James. "Just simply writing to my new best friend Rub keeps me happy."

"Ok first, you don't even know Rub and he thinks you guys are stalkers." Lily said, shaking her head trying to hold in her laughter.

"And secondly you guys wouldn't be able to last without any sort of magic for the entire night." Lily said, looking over to Marlene who nodded her head in agreement. 

"That's rubbish." James said, crossing his hands over his chest and giving Lily a pout.

"But you know it's true." Marlene giggled, pushing her blonde hair behind her ear. This was not beneficial since immediately as she pushed it back, the hair came falling forward again. Sirius chuckled at this. 

"You two would not be able to last a night without magic as well." Sirius retorted. 

"Okay now that is rubbish!" Lily said, shaking her head while a smirk lay on her lips. "I lived without magic for years."

"Well why don't we make a deal?" Marlene offered, taking her time and carefully looking at each person. Sirius, James and Lily all leaned in, interested. 

"The last person of us four to use magic wins. They receive some sort of benefit from the others." Marlene said in a proper voice, pretending she was a deal maker or lawyer. Classic Marlene. 

"Deal." James grins. "What's the benefit though?"

"Hmm well that's what we have to figure out." Marlene said, shrugging. 

"Well we do not have to decide the benefit now," Lily looked to the others and beamed. "The winner can make the other three do whatever is asked."

"Why are you beaming so much?" James asked, poking Lily in the side.

"Because I am going to win, obviously." Lily said, still beaming. 

"Lies!" Sirius exclaimed. 

"We'll see, we'll see." Marlene giggled. "Now I am going to buy myself popcorn with muggle money, Lily will you help?"

"Why Lily?" Sirius asked, pretending to be deeply offended. 

"Because she is the only one who understands muggle money." Marlene said, sticking out a tonuge at the boys who pretended to fake cry. 

Marlene and Lily walked over to the booth as Marlene analyzed the muggle money. She was shocked by it and continued to flip it over and over, making sure she was not missing any detail.

"You're a poop nugget, you realize that right?" Lily said, nudging her arm. 

"What did you just call me?" Marlene bursted into laughter, holding onto her stomach. 

"A poop nugget, you heard me right." Lily responded, also bursting into laughter. 

"I like poop nuggets." A voice said from behind. 

Marlene and Lily both turned around at the same time to find a young boy beaming at the two girls. This caused them to burst into laughter even more. The boy thought this was a great thing and continued to smile even more. 

"My name is Tarek." He said. "I'm twelve years old and single."

"That's fantastic." Lily warmly smiled. "We don't really live around here so I don't know if we could work something out."

"I like girls who don't live around here." Tarek replied. 

"Well you would not like girls with boyfriends either." Marlene sassed, giggling lightly. She pulled on Lily's arm to move her up in the line. 

"Marls!" Lily whispered. "No need to be sassy, plus do we even have boyfriends?"

"Are you serious?" Marlene tried her best to whisper but failed to do so. 

"Yes!" Lily tried to whisper back. "James and Sirius aren't officially are-"

"Next!" The guy at the counter screeched.

Lily and Marlene ordered lots of pocorn, slushies and candy. They ran back to the car where the boys were. Marlene's father is very into muggle studies so luckily they were able to use the car that he analyzes every night. 

"What took so long?" James grinned. This caused Lily and Marlene to look at each other and burst into laughter. 

***

They all decided to sit outside the car, on a blanket. The movie began and for once, the four were in silence, watching the film. It was a romantic love movie, of course, because what else would they see?

About half-way through, James leaned over to whisper to Lily. "I still have to give you my gift, the one from the Three Broomsticks. 

***

AN: Thanks for reading! Love you all! Comment below what you think the gift is going to be! -Caroline <3