Chapter 38

After realization hit Marlene, she bolted over and engulfed Lily in a bear hug. Lily had a look of pain and worry clearly on her face before Marlene approached. Lily first tensed up when Marlene touched her and only a few seconds later, Lily figured out what was going on and appreciated the hug. She was distracted by everything going on and had trouble focusing. Marlene didn't question the uncertainity  and rejuiced because Lily was finally back. The two seperated from the deep hug and now they could explain everything which could get James and Lily could get back together. Or so they hoped.

Although the guys did not hug Lily unlike the ambitious Marlene, grins were plastered across their faces and conversation struck. 

"James is waiting for you-" 

"He was set up!"

"I swear he did not do this on purpose. It was Layla, per usual." 

Everyone talked at once, interrupting each other as the three of them tried to explain to Lily who wore a bewildered expression. Everyone just wanted to explain and get the negativity over with so everything could be fine again. 

"Guys." Lily warmly smiled, "One at a time. You all sound like you're speaking Gibberish." Marlene's nose crinkled as she giggled at Lily's comment. Peter realized somebody was laughing and pretended to chuck himself so that he would look casual and cool. 

"James was set up by Layla, he thought you were meeting him outside and not at the Three Broomsticks." Sirius confessed, as he wipped sweat from his forehead acting like explaining to Lily was a difficult task. "You should of seen the look on his face when he figured everything out." 

Marlene nodded intently as Sirius explained, looking into Lily's broken eyes. Marlene wondered why Lily was so upset, sure she was mad that James didn't show but did something else happen? She pushed these thoughts to the back of her mind so she could focus on the situation at hand. 

"So James is upset about being set up? And he wanted me to know that?" Lily asked as she strummed her fingers across her lips, thinking about what was going on with her relationship. 

"Exactly." Peter squeaked as he nervously looked around to see if saying that was the perfect thing to say. After seeing Marlene and Sirius' agreeing faces, he fist-pumped his hand into the air quietly and casually so nobody could see. 

"Then why isn't he looking for me and telling me this?" Lily barked, crossing her hands across her chest in a knowing way. A sad smile was on her face as she listened to the others and what they had to say. Although, she wanted her full attention to be on the trio in front of her, she could not stop thinking of Cameron, the guy who strangely looked exactly like Alec, and the warm hearted Rubeus Hagrid who made her happy in a dark moment. Surely she knew that would not be the end of the Cameron and Alec situation and she was destined to find out who they were and what they wanted. 

"Lily!" Marlene exclaimed. "Will you stop thinking of the worst? James is in fact looking for you, just on the other side of the castle! He is obviously going to explain more when you see her." Marlene clarified, fidgeting her fingers near her mouth stressfully. 

"I'm sorry for being rude, too much is going on right now." Lily sighed and Marlene reached to tentaively grab her hand in order to comfort her. 

"We know you're upset but I think the best solution is to talk to James." Sirius smiled marginally as he added to the conversation. "Let's be real we need Jily back together." 

"Thanks guys but what I really need right now is rest. I'll make sure to talk to James in the morning." Lily said after chuckling at Sirius' comment.

"Are you serious?" Marlene screeched. "You said you wanted to hear from James, you can't just go to bed now! Come on!" She grabbed Lily's hand and dragged her to the common room while Sirius and Peter followed behind closely. They said the common room password and edged into the room, looking around to see who was there. 

"James and Remus should be back soon so we can wait here. I think we had a place where we should meet up but I honestly forget what I had for dinner tonight so how am I supposed to remember that." Sirius confessed as a smirk was plastered across her face.

"Sirius!" Marlene exclaimed as she giggled marginally. 

"Hey! You obviously forget too or else we would be in that hiding spot now." Sirius pointed out as he stared into Marlene's glowing brown eyes. She caught him staring and stared back with no fear at all. 

"Hmm maybe somebody should stop staring when they should be remembering meet up spots!" Marlene accused pointing her finger directly at Sirius who raised his hands accusingly. 

"Hey!" He began to protest before Lily cut him off. 

"Oh stop it, you two love bugs!" She giggled as she looked back and forth between the pair that always seemed to comfort each other and make the other laugh like they never have before. 

"Love bugs?" Marlene questioned as she titled her head in an unknowing way. 

"Yeah, why love bugs?" Sirius added with a confident smile that always seemed to make things right. 

"Don't judge me!" Lily giggled which Sirius and Marlene joined in with as the three of them stood there cracking up. This left Peter very confused and he began laughing too to fit in, like always. 

As they were all laughing, they didn't seem to notice James and Remus walk in with confusion on their faces. 

"Lily!" James exclaimed, sprinted towards the group who immediatly stopped laughing with the income. "When did you get here? I have so much to tell you."

Lily smiled sadly at James as she acknowledged him and Remus with an earnest nod. "I think it's best if we talk some things through." She whispered as she looked around. 

"Yeah I think it would be best if we did talk." Sirius said, trying to be apart of the conversation. This resulted in a thump in the head from Marlene who started to drag Sirius away. 

"You doofus! They need time together alone!" Marlene giggled at how much Sirius always wanted to be included with things and how offended he looked because he could not participate in the conversation between Lily and James. 

"B-But we helped!" Sirius said sadly, pretending to wipe a fake tear from his cheek as he gave Marlene a puppy dog look. 

"I never said we couldn't listen." Marlene whispered as she devilishly smirked. "Remus and Peter, come on!" She said, montioning them over as she ran over the hid behind a maroon leather couch that nobody was on right now, thankfully. It was next to Lily and James but far enough to hid them as Lily and James were lost in staring at each other. 

"So I need to explain everything about tonight." James started as he paused and looked at Lily who's gone through so much with this relationship. 

"Marlene, Sirius and Peter basically explained it all and I understand you were set up. It's okay." Lily quietly said as James sighed in relief. He beamed as he let out a breath that Lily didn't know he was holding. "However I think we should stop seeing each other." Lily confessed with sad tears grouped together in the corner of her gloomy eyes balancing on her lashes. 

***

AN: Heyyyyy!! I want to thank you guys again for reading, commenting and voting! That means more than the world to me! Like always, I want to say I love you all! I can't believe this is Chapter 38! Like what? I still have so many ideas for this story such as Lily and James being Head Girl and Head boy in their last year ;))) how does that sound??? Leave below suggestions or what you think of this chapter and story! I can't thank you guys enough! -Caroline <3 :D :)