Chapter 7

Lily peered into an empty compartment and slid into it. She wasn't being followed, nor did she want to be. However, there was a minor bit of hope that made her believe Sirius, Mary, and James would crawl back to her. But this was reality and that would never happen. 

"Hello?" A feminine voice called, as the door slid open. Lily quickly stood up to greet the unexpected vistor.

"Can I sit here? Everywhere else is taken. I just love your hair! It's so beautiful and unique! Oh I'm Marlene by the way, I'm in your dormitory but we never really talked before. I heard about what happened! It must have been horrible for you! Wanna get sweets and talk about it?" Marlene said breathlessly, plopping down across from Lily. She seemed to be a vivid and talkative girl. 

"It's nice to finally get to talk to you!" Lily exclaimed, smiling warmly.

"Merlin's sake! After five years, we have hardly said anything to one another!" Marlene rambled on and on as Lily felt awkward for only paying attention to Alice and Mary in her dormitory. 

"Do you know where everyone else is sitting?" Lily interupted, as Marlene looked taken aback. Lily regretted the words but they flew out of her mouth. 

"Erm yeah! Mary, Layla, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter are all in a compartment. Alice and Frank are in a seperate compartment together." Marlene explained. I should be in that compartment with the Marauders and Mary. Not Layla. Jealousy rose in Lily. 

"Well you can't just sit around like this!" Marlene said, giggling. "You need to fight back! Revenge!" Lily smirked at Marlene's idea and together, they stood up and headed down the train. Marlene lead Lily towards the compartment, who followed her closely behind. The blinds were pulled down so Marlene did a quick spell to lift them back up. To their horror, they saw Alice and Frank making out, half dressed in the compartment. Lily performed a spell quickly, Alice and Frank busy enough to not even notice. 

"Merlin! I'm going to pretend we never saw that!" Marlene exclaimed, pretending to puke. 

"Okay, before we go into another compartment, we need to have a plan and we need to be positive about who is really in there." Lily whispered, peering carefully into each compartment. 

"Lily? Marlene?" Remus said joyfully as he walked back from the trolley. 

"Remus!" Lily ran to Remus and gave him a warm and passionate hug. Marlene smiled warmly as she approached the two.

"Is that a Chocolate Frog? Ugh now you made me want to get one! All this sneaking around makes me hungry!" Marlene skipped off towards the trolley, already beginning a conversation with the lady.

"Wow she talks alot." Remus said, stating the obvious. 

"You can say that again." Lily giggled.

"So how are you? Are you taking things okay?" Remus asked, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. 

"Well other than, all my friends and James ditching me for Layla, I'm bloody fantastic!" Lily said, earning a laugh off Remus. She understood Remus being friends with both her and James, but deep inside, it hurt Lily that he chose to sit with James instead of her.

"He's different." Remus whispered.

"Excuse me?" Lily asked.

"He hasn't talked once today and his eyes are puffy. He doesn't smile or do anything, even when Layla tries to seduce him." Remus said.

"If you're trying to make me feel bad for him, it isn't going to happen. In fact, Marlene and I were thinking of revenge." Lily smirked.

"Lily, I understand you're hurt but think about what he's going through. Maybe he did that stuff with Layla since he thought he didn't deserve you." And with that, Remus walked back into his compartment, leaving Lily alone and confused.