Chapter 29

Lily flew up stairs to get to her destination. She had to get to James fast before it was too late.

"James." Lily opened the door and spotted him. They were on a part of the roof that overlooked part of the castle and the forest. It was a beautiful sight and she knew it relaxed James. He told her this in their fourth year and it was one of the most important things she learned about James.

"You knew I was here." James smiled slightly but stared at the sun setting, instead of Lily.

"Of course I did." Lily sat down next to James. "I didn't come here sooner because I knew you needed time to think."

"You know me so well, Evans. Are you sure you're not secretly obsessed with me?" James smirked but Lily could see that his eyes were puffy. He was trying to hide the fact that he's upset with humor.

"Hmm I don't know, Potter. Maybe I am obsessed with you." Lily smirked and punched James lightly on the arm. "Anyways, are you alright?"

"I don't know." James replied bluntly.

"You know you can tell me anything." She lifted up his chin towards herself. "The kiss between Remus and I meant nothing. I promise."

"If it meant nothing, why did it happen?" James asked.

"It was just in the moment. I thought you were upset with me so I didn't know what to do." Lily confessed. She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Lily, I think we need to discuss some things."

"You're right." Lily agreed.

"When Layla told me she wasn't actually pregnant, she said she lied because she saw the relationship between us. She wanted love in her life like we give to each other." James said looking over at Lily. She was intently staring at him and smiled.

"Other people have told me that too." Lily smiled, thinking about what Mary said earlier.

"And another thing I need to tell you is that the day Dumbledore asked to speak to me alone was actually about Remus." James confessed.

"Remus?" Lily asked.

"Yes. He's a werewolf, Lily."

"What?" Lily exclaimed. She tried to put the pieces together but some pieces just didn't click. After all these years, how did she never know that Remus was a werewolf?

"And he's okay with you telling me this?"

"He came up here before you and he wanted me to tell you that. Remus has been acting weird lately because it's almost a full moon." James explained to the puzzled and uncertain Lily. "I am an animagus along with Sirius and Peter so we can help Remus."

"James, that's so sweet of you!" Lily exclaimed. She realized that Remus missed prefect duties because of full moons.

"He doesn't mean any of the things he has said lately. I should of known it was almost a full moon."

"I feel horrible now." Lily massaged her temples, trying to comfort herself.

"Don't be, it's not your fault." James reassured.

"Thanks for telling all this." Lily smiled warmly. "But I have one question, why did you care so much that I kissed Remus and Snape?"