Chapter 2

"Potter- I mean James," Lily whispered as she practiced, "I'm really sorry to hear about your dad."

"Are you serious?" Mary exclaimed.

"You can not say that to James!" Alice shook her head as she spoke.

"It's not as easy as it seems!" Lily yelled back, "What am I supposed to say to a guy who just lost his father!"

"Don't you think everybody is telling him how sorry they are for him? You need to be different and not like everybody is!"

"But how can I do that?" For once in her life, Lily had no clue what she should say to James Potter. She always could think of clever and feisty come backs to James and his friends but today she was blank.

"You don't have to tell him anything, but you can show him." And with that Alice and Mary left the dormitory, leaving Lily more confused than ever.

***

"Remus, how is James holding up?" Lily asked briskly.

"Lily, why don't you ask him?" Remus said quietly.

"I've been trying to but I just can't find the proper words." Lily sighed.

"The school year is coming to a close and you'll miss your chance if you don't do it soon." Remus smiled warmly at Lily.

"Thanks Remus." Lily smiled back as she walked in the common room towards the fireplace where the one and only James was sitting.

"James." Lily spoke quietly, immediately sitting next to him.

"Lilyflower." James looked into Lily's vivacious eyes and smiled.

"I hope you're alright-"

"Lily, I know I'm amazing but don't go all sappy on me." James grinned.

"I hardly talked and I was not going sappy!" Lily playfully smirked.

"Sure, sure." James winked in triumph.

"I have to show you something and hopefully it will make you feel better. " Lily's eyes sparkled deliriously as she took James's arm to lead him to the mysterious place.