Chapter 28

"Remus! What have you done?" Lily panicked. "Why did you metion that now, of all possible times?" 

"You told him I was the one that knew the truth about Layla." Remus folded his arms across his chest. 

"Remus!" Lily yelled. She didn't run after James because he needed some alone time for now. He needed to think. "How did you find out about Layla, anyways?"

"You think I'm going to tell you?" Remus chuckled. 

"Actually, yes!" Lily smiled a little bit but it quickly turned into a frown. She couldn't possibly be happy right now, James was upset because of her. 

"Now is not the time to tell you." Remus said quietly. 

"Look, we should probably head back to the castle. James needs some alone time and we should give that to him." Lily sighed and Remus nodded his head. They headed towards the castle but Lily turned around and whispered to Remus, "Don't think you got away with doing all those hurtful things to James."

"Lily..."

"Just leave it." Lily walked off and headed towards the common room. She was greeted by a wet Marlene and Sirius, in bathing suits. 

"Care to explain?" Lily laughed and smiled at the pair. 

"Nah, I think we're good." Sirius flashed a winked and Marlene give Lily a "look" that basically meant she would tell Lily all the details later. 

"Pumpkin juice playing Qudditch." Lily said as the password. 

"What kind of password is that?" Marlene giggled and stepped inside. 

"At least it's easy to remember." Sirius shrugged and laughed. "Lily, where's James?" 

"Erm...he needed some alone time. I'll start looking for him soon." Lily's face heated up under pressure.

"Alone time?" Sirius questioned. 

"Yes, something happened." Lily shrugged trying to act calm and normal. 

"Is James alright?" Siriuis was concerned about his best friend. 

"Don't worry he will be." Lily said, trying to convince herself more than the others. The truth was that Lily was very nervous about James. It was all her fault he is upset and she needed to fix that. 

'Marlene, can I have a word?" Lily asked quietly. Marlene looked at Sirius who was paying his attention to third years playing chess. "Privately." Lily added.

The two walked over to an empty couch. Mary spotted them and walked over. "Hi!" 

"Hi. I have to speak to Marlene alone." Lily said, sassily. 

"Okay, but I want you to know that I'm sorry. I apologized to Marlene earlier because I have been horrible to you two lately. Will you forgive me?" Mary said, sitting in the empty seat next to Marlene. 

"It's going to take more than an apology." Lily said, being as honest as possible.

"I knwo but I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry." Mary smiled warmly at Lily and Marlene.

"Lily, you can trust her with whatever you have to tell me. She set up that date with Sirius and I." Marlene said. Lily shot her a skeptical look but Marlene just nodded. Mary grinned at Marlene happily. 

"Alright, I kissed Remus-"

"What? Lily!" Marlene screamed but Lily immediately shushed her. 

"I know! I regret it! Anyways, Remus told me Layla isn't actually pregnant-"

"What?" This time, Mary yelled. Lily couldn't say a full sentence without being interrupted. 

"Marlene! Mary!" Lily giggled. "Anyways, I told Layla she had to tell James or else I would-"

"Smart move!" Marlene exclaimed. A few second years gave the trio dirty looks for all the yelling. 

"When James and I were together, he asked who told me that Layla was lying so I said Remus did. James got upset and Remus was watching us. But then Remus forced me to tell James about the kiss and he ran away." Lily took a deep breath. She was surprised Marlene or Mary didn't interrupt her a few more times. 

"Lily, you have to go look for him! Duh!" Marlene exclaimed, as if it was the obvious thing.

"But he needs some alone time." Lily tried to reject. 

"Lily, you're the one who started this and you need to fix this. You two are made for each other, I've seen the way you two have act when you hang out. It's something important to fight for." Mary said, smiling at Lily. 

"It's something important to fight for." Lily repeated and repeated to get that thought in her head. "Thank you!" She stood up and hugged both of them. She darted out of the common room. 

She knew where James was. It was the place he always went to when he needed to think things through or needed quiet time. 

***

AN: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading! -Caroline :D <3