The Black Rose

We are finally back to our traditional dark souls x rwby story ladies and gentlemen. I hope I still got it... Probably not though...

I laid on the ground staring at the sky. The stars sparkled with hope as I just reached up towards them wishing for the strength that we needed to end this war with Salem. I closed my eyes sighing knowing nothing ever came from wishing on stars, but I felt someone clasp my hand pulling it close to them.

"Who is it?"

"Who else grabs your hand besides your girlfriend?"

"Fair point, are you nervous at all?"

I sat up and looked over at her bed head she called a hair style.

"Of course I am nervous, we all are. Soon we will hopefully end this war with Salem thanks to the artifacts and Jinn... Or we die."

"Wow... Really optimistic with that second outcome aren't you Ruby?"

"I mean with Salem I would rather die then surrender to her."

"I mean... Fair but still we can do this. We persevered for two long and grueling years. We found the rest of your team... and found the headless remains of mine..."

"....."

She just quickly enveloped me in a much needed hug as I tried to force the image of their corpses from my mind.

I wrapped my arms around her pulling us closer together. She softly ran her fingers through my hair as I clung to her like a child to their mother. We stayed in this position for several minutes until someone cleared their throat from behind Ruby. We both jumped from shock and separated in a heart beat looking back at the person who was Yang. She snickered patting both of our heads.

"You two are so adorable. Perfect match in my personal opinion."

"Y-Yang what are you doing here?"

"(Y/n)! Swap watch with me I did my four hours. I hope you got enough sleep."

She said yawning and walking over joining Weiss and the others falling fast asleep.

"...Oh right I was supposed to be sleeping... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-"

Groaning I put my head in my hands upset, hearing Ruby giggle beside me.

"I will stay up with you (Y/n), I don't mind."

"...Thanks Ruby I really appreciate it."

We walked hand in hand to the campfire stoking the flame.

Time blended together very slowly as we sat by the fire keeping watch for the Grimm or surprise attacks by Salems' group. At some point during the watch Ruby had fallen asleep with her head resting on my shoulder. This action just made me chuckle as I kissed her head and carried her over to the others. I laid her down gently amongst her team as I returned to my watch staring at the dark forests around us.

My eyes grew heavy as I fought off the urge to sleep by sheer willpower. That was until I heard some leaves rustling in the forest around us. In mere seconds I was wide awake seeing some deer emerge from the brush. I calmed myself down and shooed them off as they stared at me just watching my movements. I got up and approached them as they slowly approached me. The light from the bonfire illuminated their bone like protrusions and pitch black fur as their heads split open revealing rows of sharp teeth, which made my heart drop.

"...GUYYYYYSSSSS!!!!!"

I screamed my head off scrambling to back away for my twin axes.

Before anything else was said I watched a flurry of roses appear before me. They enveloped the grimm deer before dispersing revealing my girlfriend standing their triumphantly. She helped me up as I took her hand letting out a breath of relief.