For Honor and Glory

This one may get... very complicated and for that I truly apologize. But this has been in the making for many months in my head. Therefore much time and thought has gone into the base of the story and many, many, many ideas have been had since then. So hopefully this will somehow turn out okay anyways let's go... OH NEARLY FORGOT it is gonna be a very long time before the love interest is even introduced so yeah... Like I said tons of ideas making this very, very, very long.

Medieval au also you are a two year old baby for now

I sat down beside my mother as she was picking some food. I tugged on her sleeve wanting her attention as she happily gave it to me. She picked me up and bounced me up and down slowly as I laughed, smiling at her until she covered her mouth with her elbow and held me further away. I reached out to her wanting more attention until a man walked up behind her as she sat me down turning to the man.

"Taking another break you filthy wench."

"I-I'm sorry sir... M-My son just wan-"

Abruptly she was slapped and fell back a bit as I looked at her then the man as he just spat on her as I began to cry from the scary noise.

"Be happy I am even willing to let you work for a few copper. Now back to work and shut that fucking child up right now you stupid sow!!"

He screeched at her before walking away as my mother just took a deep breath clenching her fist.

I crawled over to my mother shaking her while wanting to be held again. She just smiled and held out her hand. I clung to it as she giggled and went back to picking food. I watched as she picked food for a long time. When the man came back and handed her three pieces of copper. He screamed at us to leave as mom picked me up and carried me out of the place.

She walked the dirt streets on the side as knights and more important people walked down the center. I clung to my mother as she kissed my head humming my favorite melody. I felt my eyes growing heavier and heavier as she just hummed to me and I fell asleep. The next thing I remember is the seats in church and my mother was praying.

I tugged on her sleeve as she opened one of her eyes and sat me in her lap. I giggled a bit until she stuck one of her fingers into my mouth as I suckled on it. I felt happy with this as she continued to pray. I just suckled on her finger oblivious to all the things around me as time blended together. It wasn't long till I saw something being passed around and mom pulled her finger out of my mouth. I just watched as she put in one of the things the angry man gave us into a bowl and passed it on. After that we left the church and went back down the dirt streets to a ditch of others like us.

"Who's mommys' sweet heart."

She held me up as she cooed those words out over and over again.

I giggled and raised my hands up thinking we were playing as she threw me into the air very gently over and over again. We did this for a while until mom put me down and coughed into her hands. I watched as a red liquid covered her hands and I wanted to be held again. She just smiled wiping her hands on her dress covered in stains and tattered with holes before picking me up again. This time instead of playing she held me close to her chest and rocked me back and forth slowly as I smiled falling back asleep.

The next thing I remember when I woke up was mom looked really tired and had some food in her hands. She must have noticed me and kissed my head as I giggled reaching up to her. The smile on her face was bright but she looked much more tired. My eyes began to water up as my stomach growled and I started to cry until she ripped off a bit of bread and presented it to me. I looked at it before grabbing it with my hands and shoving the food into my mouth.