Otherworldly Desire

Modern au.... for now... Also this will be told in the viewpoint of An for.... certain... reasons...

As I stared out the window from my room all I could really do was sigh as I saw the guy I was crushing on Li walking with some girl. I had liked him for some time now but I never really knew how to go about approaching him. So it would seem I had missed my chance as he was with someone. Of course I could always try and drive a wedge between them, but I am nowhere near that desperate or evil to do something like that.

"An sweetheart we need to talk."

I sighed knowing exactly what my father wanted to talk about.

"Coming dad!"

I shouted from my room before getting up and grabbing my wallet, keys, and my phone.

I walked out of my room and took the steps to the first floor as I saw my parents sitting in the kitchen at the table. I rolled my eyes knowing I was right about what they wanted to talk about. They gestured to the seat infront of them as I sat down and took a deep breath prepared for the talk they were about to have with me.

"So An... As you know you are twenty four and you still haven't shown any interests towards college."

My dad said as I wanted to just blow him off since I knew what mom was about to say.

"And we appreciate you helping around the house a bit more since you graduated from high school, but we think it's time you find a full time job or go to college."

"Bu-"

I wanted to protest but my dad cut me off.

"And we understand you aren't sure what you want to do. We just want to make sure you have the most going for you, a college degree can go a lot further then a high school diploma."

"I know but I just can't get into it... I don't know what I truly want to do with my life. I've been looking believe me I have been since I don't wanna be a bum here forever. But I just can't figure out anything to do you know? It just feels like anything I want to try is just gonna lead me down a road with only dead ends..."

I rested my cheek on my hand as they looked at one another and nodded.

"Of course we understand dear, we completely understand the times have changed since we were young and had the choice you have set before you."

"Your mother is right, when we had a choice in colleges it was pretty easy to tell what to do, but nowadays it seems like so many things can happen. And so many things can change that we don't know what to expect anymore. We aren't trying to force if we were you would of been out of this house three years ago. We are being patient sweetheart but we just are trying to look out for you."

He finished as I just sighed giving them a smile.

"...I know but it's like you said so many things are changing and I just don't know what I want I know what others want from me... But I don't know what I want to do or what would make me happy..."

"Well I know you enjoy driving your Toyota Vios so why not take a week or two and just drive around to clear your head. How does that sound for my sweet little Annie?"

"M-Mom!!"

"What? It's just the three of us in this house."

"St-Still..."

I felt my cheeks flush hearing my mom call me Annie as they both had a bit of a chuckle.

"Alright I think you both are right I will take a week or two and just see if I can't find myself."