The Smallest Beginning

"(Y/n) sweetie why don't you go visit the new neighbor?"

My head shot up from the pillow as I paused my game.

I didn't respond to mom I just did what she asked. I quickly got dressed out of my pjs and ran out the front door. I walked a few doors down and saw the new house as I knocked on the door. I waited a few moments until a girl about my age or so answered. I stared at her red hair that was about down to her shoulders and vivid green eyes.

"H-Hi..."

"Hi my mom told me to come here and see if you wanted to play."

"O-Oh okay... L-Let me tell my parents..."

She said turning around to go talk to them before tripping over herself.

I just chuckled as she got up and ran inside as I looked up and down the streets. I hummed to myself as it felt like forever until she came back out. I watched as a man I assumed to be her father followed her. I just looked up at him as he looked down at me.

"...How old are you?"

"Eight gonna be nine in a few weeks."

"And here you were worried about not making any friends sweetie."

"D-Dad!!"

I just watched her face flush red as I smiled extending my hand to her.

"My name is (Y/n) (L/n) eight years old and you?"

"P-Pyrrha N-Nikos.... E-Eight as well..."

She shyly took my hand as we walked to the park with her father accompanying us.

As we played I noticed something very specific about Pyrrha, she was really clumsy. She would walk for a few moments before tripping. Honestly I never saw another kid so clumsy or awkward like her, but at the same time it was fun. There weren't many kids in our neighborhood around our age. Usually they were older then us so it was just me until Pyrrha came along.

"Pyrrha sweetie are you okay?"

"I'm fine papa... just trip... again..."

I walked up beside her as she was sitting on the grass.

I just sat down beside her as she just brought her knees to her chest almost in a sad manner. I looked up at the blue sky seeing not a cloud in sight. This brought a smile on my face as I laid back on the grass enjoying the sun.

"Hey you should lay on the grass like me, feels really nice."

"......"

She didn't say a word or move as I felt like my plan backfired.

"You know... for as long as I could remember I was really clumsy... I've broken plates, glasses, scrapped my knee so many times..."

"And is that something to be sad about?"

I watched as she turned to me before smiling again.

"Most people avoided me at my last school because I kept tripping and making myself look dumb."

"Well no worries here I will look a lot dumber then you."

She just started giggling as I joined in with her happy that she wasn't being sad.

"...You said your name was (Y/n) right?"

I nodded as she stood up extending her hand to me.

"Will you be my friend (Y/n)?"

I smirked and took her hand, pushing myself up.

"Of course I will Pyrrha. I will be your best friend even."