You Make Me Feel Invincible

For as long as I could remember I never had much luck when it came to girls. The only girls I ever got along with was with my family and that's it. Not even during school dances or anything did I ever have a date. Eventually I just stopped going to events like that.

So why exactly should I even bother going to this dance that Weiss and Yang are throwing?

"Hey fearless leader are you gonna mope around forever or are you gonna answer the girls?" Axel asked as I shook  my head looking up from my bed.

"I'm sorry I kinda wasn't listening deep in some thought what was the question?" I asked as everyone just sighed and giggled at my obliviousness.

"We asked if you were gonna come to our dance? The school approved it so we should be fine to have some fun." Weiss said in her stern and cold way as I looked away thinking.

"Hmm... Yeah sure I don't mind it let's go." I said with a smile as everyone smiled as well.

"Alright then be there next week at around seven. Also don't forget to bring a date." Yang said with a wave as they both left shutting the door behind them.

"A date huh?" I asked looking at my friends as they looked at me worried.

"Can you even find a date?" Elizabeth asked as I looked at her shocked.

"Wow that was hurtful and unnecessary coming from you Eliza. Just because you and Axel are going out doesn't give you the right to burn me like he was about to." I said joking as everyone laughed with me.

However I was just laughing with them instead of at the joke cause she was right. I have never been able to find a date to a dance or anything in my life. They all know this because we all have been friends since our first year at ViewPoint. Elizabeth and Axel had been dating for close to five years now so they aren't in that lovey-dovey phase for my sake. And Jack had always had the best luck with girls, no matter the age or time he got inside their hearts and never hurt them. He was the guy I wish I was.

But why did I say yes to going to that dance if I know I can't find a date. If I can't find a date I don't wanna be that guy who shows up without a date.... again.

"You know I can give you some pointers on being a ladies man." Jack said as I glanced over at him before throwing my pillow at his goofy grin.

"Screw off man you know I don't take pity from no one." I said as Jack nodded throwing his own pillow at Axel.

"Oh are we starting a pillow war again? It ain't even guys night!" Axel said standing up getting away from Elizabeth as she looked around confused.

"Pillow war? Don't you mean pillow fight?" She asked as we all laughed loudly before quickly quieting down.

"Naw Elizabeth what we do is we well you will see now Axel get out the extras'!" I shouted as Axel ran to the closet opening the door and throwing down several more pillows.

Quickly we all except Elizabeth stepped inside pillows and geared up so our hands and feet were inside pillows. Slowly we circled around the room after pushing the beds to the side giving us a much wider empty space to wage this war. After a few moments of silence and circling I decided to make the first move.

I rushed to my left tackling Jack to the ground as he was caught off guard unable to put his guard up. I had him pinned to the ground as I started beating on him with my pillowed fists to make sure we didn't hurt each other too badly. I got a few good hits in before he threw me off with a kick. I quickly regained my balance standing up till I got grabbed from behind by Axel.

"You owe me one Jack." He said as I looked back at his face chuckling.

That was a rule in pillow war if you help an enemy you have to verbally call it out so everyone knows. This way no one can take advantage of the owe me rule. No matter what even if you are against an opponent you helped they must either help you back or leave you alone. This can be done as many times as you have helped them to even it out.