Two Red Hoods

I had been training under master Gael for many a years to hunt the accursed undead. We have collected gallons of blood from dark souls  for our lady. For her to finish her painting and create a home for all outcasts like us who have no where left to go. I followed my master as we pounced on some pygmies draining them of their blood before tossing the corpses aside. I had never once encountered an ashen one or an undead with master. So I think we leave them be since they are not the furtive pygmies we are seeking but something tells me otherwise.

"Master Gael?" I asked him in a semi concerned way.

"Yes my pupil?" He responded looking back at me tilting his head slightly.

"Do we only hunt the furtive pygmies for our lady or do we hunt others?"

"Silly boy we hunt all creatures that carry the blood of the dark soul. All we have encountered for eons are the furtive pygmies. But the lady says since they are so weak we need much more blood to give to her. But if we find an ashen one or undead we will be able to return and watch as she creates our new home." He smiled patting me on the head as I got away from him pushing back my hood.

"But master we can't ju-" I tried to reason with him since even though I would like a new home, killing people like the ashen one and undead is just wrong.But in the middle of my talk with him I felt an ominous aura exuding form him as I looked up over the ash hill seeing three people standing there. My eyes widened in horror seeing three ashen ones.

"Hikari? Joe? You guys ready for our final boss before we link the fire and serve our duties as ashen ones?" One of the ashen ones said as the other two were getting closer to the edge.

"I don't know geez this might be out of our league we were barely able to survive Midir." A second one said sounding more unsure then the first one.

"Come on you two we have been together since the Cemetery of Ash. Even if he is an old friend he is corrupted and we must slay him." The one in the middle said as he lowered his hood over his face.

The other two got ready as I saw them start showing signs of aggression  towards me and master. I tried to warn them to stop but it was too late master was already enraged.

"You... You three give me it.... Give me your blood... Blood of the dark soul!!" Master roared out lunging at them as they each got out of the way rolling.

My legs refused to move as I stood there watching my master slaughter the three ashen ones. I didn't want a new home if it costed others there lives that have much to live for.

"Master!!" Master!!! MASTER GAEL STOP THIS!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I rushed forward.

All four had there eyes on me as I felt it my rage was boiling just like masters but it was different. I still had thoughts and plans as I launched into the sky and landed in-between master and the ashen ones. I faced master brandishing my blade as he went through the same transformation I did as our capes came to life with the fires of our furies. He only looked at me before shaking his head.

"I had such high hopes for you... I don't just train any riffraff. Only those I see are capable." He said as I lowered my head in fear and anger.

"I-I... I know master thank you for everything but I must surpass you if we are to find a new home with our lady. Sh-" I stuttered out thinking about all the good times I had with him.

"Do not speak her name traitor!!" He cried as I jumped back dodging the swing of both his sword and his cape.

I looked into his eyes as I knew it was already too late his rage has clouded his judgement. I glanced back before swinging my cape at the ashen ones forming a solid line of fire between them and us.