Flames of Rage and Fires of Passion (Lemon)

I wiped the sweat from my brow looking out over all my livestock. This year the good gods were smiling graciously upon our little town. Crops were growing better then ever before, our lands so fertile, and our livestock abundant.

"Man... Ma and pa will be so happy with this here harvest of crops. Yes sir, best fall of my life that's for darn sure."

I smiled to myself looking at the tons of crops I had just harvested. I glanced back at the wagon and horses, but something caught my eye. The horses were acting rather weird and skittish. They never acted like this unless...

"Oh no!!"

I ran to the horses abandoning the crops and riding back to the farmhouse worried. This could only mean that the unholy spawns known as the Grimm were nearby. I looked at the passing trees looking for the iconic crimson glare those dastards gave off. But lost in my own thoughts I was thrown off the horse as I landed on my back tumbling.

"Woah calm down girl it will..."

I trailed off forgetting about trying to calm down my horse as my eyes landed on my home. It was torn open and ravaged as I looked around seeing the imprints of the dastards. I ran inside the house and screamed as loud as I could.

"MA!!!!!! PA!!!!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!!???"

I panted slightly waiting for a response as none came. Fear started taking its' toll as my feet pounded against the hard wooden floor and up the steps looking all over. Panicked my eyes landed on my ma and pas' room as the door was slightly ajar. I swallowed hard approaching it as my hand reached out for the knob. I barely touched it as the door swung inward revealing the bloodied room as I just stared breathless.

I covered my mouth with my hands as the tears began welling up in my eyes slowly trickling down my face. I slowly walked forward looking at the tattered remains that were probably my ma and pa. Their clothes shredded all over the floor closest to the closet. I opened the door immediately regretting the decision to open the door. I closed it right away with a slam turning my face away. The tears were flowing more and more, now having seen the mutilated remains of my parents.

"M-Ma... P-Pa... I-If only I had been here... I-I... I could of helped y'all...."

I fell to my knees as the pain grew too much to hold back anymore. I closed my eyes and let out a single scream of sadness. I stayed there for minutes letting out the screech of pain while the tears fell from my face onto the floor and my clothes. When I started getting lightheaded from screaming I stopped and looked at the floor. I saw the stains of tears I had made and felt so upset with myself. But the reality set in that if I had stayed it wouldn't of changed a darn thing besides my own death being included with my parents. We don't even own a gun we just had the axe in the barn. We were defenseless against the Grimm.

"Ma..... Pa........ No... No more tears I have to evaluate the damage they caused..."

I got up and wiped the tears from my face and left the room. I tried my best to ignore the pain that was throbbing in my heart seeing that. But no matter what I know they would want me to check on everyone else. And if the Grimm attack then I will fight back and take what little vengeance I can.

I walked out of the house and headed to the barn seeing the doors shut tight. I let out a small breath of relief knowing that the animals were okay. I opened the door and was greeted by the all too familiar faces of the animals. I walked past them all, occasionally patting one or two on the heads. I got close to the back of the barn and grabbed the fire axe. I stared at it as the heavy tool of destruction rest in my hands. I swallowed hard before walking out opening all the pins as well, as the animals followed me close behind. I pushed the barn doors open further as the animals walked out slowly looking around.