➳ 8: growing pains

Zacznij od początku

The hybrid smirked over at her and arrogantly replied. "I'm harder to kill than you think." He then ripped off the vervain ropes tying her down.

Caroline started crying in happiness and shook her head back and forth, unable to process the news. "You're alive? How are you alive?"

He finished ripping off the ropes and helped her up. "No time. Come on, we've got to go."

"Wait, what about me?" Rebekah questioned in mild offense, holding her hands out.

He looked down at her with a smile and whispered lowly in her ear. "Keep 'em busy, little sister!" Then he winked before standing up and leaving the van.

"No. That's not possible!" She struggled to free herself but gave up and leaned her head back against the metal just as a police officer came by the van and injected her with more vervain.

Caroline sped Tyler to a tree and began to kiss him passionately. Tyler attempted to pull away but she did so herself and glanced at him in relief. "I never thought I'd see you again! I don't get it. How are you alive?"

"This is going to sound incredible, but I...." Tyler attempted to explain but Caroline silenced him with a kiss and began to take off his jacket. Tyler pulled away quickly and held his hands up. "Easy, love. Wrong place. Wrong equipment. Wrong woman. After all, I am married."

"Did you just call me "love"?" She glanced at him in confusion, her perfectly sculpted eyebrows furrowed. "Did you just say... married?"

"I don't know, love. Did I?" Tyler responded, tilting his head to the side and smiling.

"What the hell did you do to Tyler?!" Caroline asked defensively, furious when she realised that it wasn't Tyler Lockwood but actually Klaus Mikaelson. She then pushed her hands against his chest in anger, pinning him to the tree. "Oh my God, you're Klaus. You're disgusting!" She sneered in disgust, taking her hands off him completely and backing away.

"As much as I'm sure Tyler would have enjoyed this... I have to say it was mediocre for me as well." Klaus commented with an unimpressed expression earning himself a slap across the face from her. He glared over at her with a clenched jaw. "Listen, I didn't have to risk exposure to come save you."

Caroline turned away from him and groaned loudly into the air. "Oh, you do one semi-decent thing and now you're my hero? Oh, I need to go sanitize my mouth!" She yelled, harshly rubbing her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Your mouth was all over me. I was an innocent victim." He remarked with a serious tone of voice.

Caroline turned to face him with a harsh glare. "Put Tyler back!"

"Gladly. I'm not to sure Ingrid would find the same appeal for Tyler Lockwood as you" Klaus mocked, looking at her with a smirk before walking away.

Ingrid returned home to the mansion and walked up the stairs, she stopped at the top and let out a heavy breath of air. She was debating on where to go until she heard movement coming from Klaus' room. She snapped her head in that direction, her eyes glowing amber-gold, and slowly walked toward the source of the sound.

The closer she got to what was responsible, the more she began to smell the signature scent of blood. Ingrid paused for a second, taking in a deep inhale before sneering to herself. "Elena."