➳ 30: dance back from the grave

WANDERING around the woods of Mystic Falls, Virginia, Ingrid and Klaus came across a familiar blonde. She gaped at them in surprise and was shocked even more to see Ingrid's pregnant belly.

"The Mikaelsons." Caroline drew out in a long breath, unhappy to see them. "Whatever it is, save it. Matt is buried alive and I need to find him."

"Well perhaps you'd be more interested in talking about Tyler." Klaus remarked with a wide smirk.

At the mention of Tyler's name, Caroline came to attention and her heart beat wildly in her chest. "Is he...Did you..."

Klaus shook his head with pursed lips. "No. I sent him off with a little more than a bruised ego. He really does hate me, poor lad. Revenge...it eats at him."

"So much so that he attempted to kill our child." Ingrid snarled furiously and looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I hear you two broke up." Klaus recalled with a feigned sympathetic expression.

"Because I made him choose. Me, or his stupid revenge fantasy. He chose wrong." She snapped at them, furious that they had disturbed her just to bring up Tyler. "I suggest that you learn from his mistake and let Katherine die in peace. Dying sucks enough as it is... no need to rub anyone's nose in it." She advised before speeding away into the woods.

Once she was gone, they continued their walk toward the Salvatore boarding house and Ingrid laughed when she stopped face to face with the Salvatore brothers. "Hello, boys."

Stefan sighed heavily while Damon glared at her in annoyance. "Ingrid. Surprised to see you here. Thought your family packed it up and hightailed it to New Orleans." The older sibling remarked in disdain then motioned to her baby bump. "I see why."

"How is that even remotely possible?" Stefan questioned in surprise and confusion.

"You needn't worry your small brains about it." She replied in a mocking manner, waving them off. "But good news is, Original hybrids can conceive. So be prepared for there to be a lot more Mikaelsons running around the world." She informed them with a mischevious smirk.

"Why are you here, Ingrid?" Stefan questioned her, his bushy eyebrows furrowed as he glanced at her in unamusement, not willing to entertain her any longer.

"Word is Katerina is finally about to croak. Niklaus wanted to pay a visit to ensure this was true." Ingrid answered honestly and shrugged her shoulders. "I am simply here because it gets me away from the mess in New Orleans and I figured I would see the small minded people of Mystic Falls once more."

"So, you can remind us how insignificant we are?" Damon questioned with an incredulous look om his face. "Thanks but other people do that now."

She shrugged with pursed lips then narrowed her dark brown eyes. "Oh, good. I had hoped to run into Tyler."

"What do you want with Tyler?" Stefan asked her in curiosity, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Tyler paid us a visit a few weeks ago to prove that my daughter could sire hybrids. It was proven true." She informed them before they could ask more questions. "Instead of leaving it at that, he masterminded a plan to kill her. I want what is due." She snarled viciously, her eyes flashing golden-amber.