➳ 102: what, will, i, have, left

"MARCELLUS agreed to watch Eirik and I called Alaric and asked if he's noticed this boy hanging out with Hope." Ingrid explained, holding up her phone, as she and Klaus climbed into the car. Klaus listened in anticipation and started the car. While he backed out of the driveway, Ingrid gave him a dark expression and spoke slowly in fury. "Roman Sienna."

"As in Greta Sienna?" He snarled out furiously, taking his eyes off the road to look at his wife.

"Her son." Ingrid replied gruffly and flattened her lips into a firm line.

"Put your seatbelt on." He ordered when he noticed she hadn't been wearing it.

"Really?" She asked incredulously but he refused to back down from his position. "This is stupid." Rolling her eyes, Ingrid reached behind her and pulled the seatbelt across her chest and lap before buckling it in. "There." She mused in annoyance and held her hands up mockingly.

"Greta truly did have people planted at that school. He could have killed either of them at any moment..." She trailed off with a terrified look in her dark brown eyes. "How--how are we supposed to keep them safe from that far away? I can't trust the school to watch over them and we can't home school them."

"It's going to be fine. We will rid the world of the Siennas and anyone that sides with them." Klaus promised in a low, dangerous tone.

Suddenly, Ingrid's phone buzzed on her lap and Klaus raised an eyebrow in curiosity. Ingrid picked it up and read the message to herself before paraphrasing it aloud for him. "It's Caroline. I'm not going to even ask how she has my number..." She commented with a shake of her head. "She has her tracking class...? I don't know what that is." She said with a look of confusion and furrowed eyebrows. "But she has them pinpointing Hope and Roman right now. We should have a location any moment according to her."

"So what, we just wait and drive around aimlessly?" Klaus asked incredulously with a harsh scoff.

"Hope isn't in New Orleans so we can continue until we make it out of the city. Let's pray that Caroline can get a location to us soon enough." She replied with a shrug and threw her hands up in the air.

Ingrid rested her temple against the cold glass of her window and stared at the world passing them by. A thick, tense silence filled the car between them as they both internally panicked from the events happening. Klaus focused on the road in front of him and was forming a plan in his head. He was on board with Ingrid's idea to simply murder the Siennas and their posse. A heavy sigh leaving her lips caused Klaus to turn his head to look at her in concern.

Pulling away from the window, she glanced out of the windshield with a distant expression and rested her elbow in the center console. "Last time I saw Hope, we fought. It seems we always fight... I don't want it to be this way forever."

"It won't be." He reassured her softly and reached across the center console to grab her hand.

Ingrid gave him a small smile but it was clear that she was unconvinced. "I have to learn to accept the outcome either way. I don't want to push past her boundaries and overstep. Whenever she's ready to accept me into her life, I'll be there but for now... I think I need to back off. I can be her mother in the aspect of raising her but she's made it clear that she's not interested in any deeper relationship with me."

"She wants you in her life but she's not sure how to accept you yet." Klaus admitted causing Ingrid to look at him with a thoughtful face. "Hope spent seven years angry at you for leaving and all she wanted was for you to come home. Well, now you're home and she's not sure how to respond. She still has all that rage and she's overwhelmed. Eirik was missing, you came home, and the first thing you did was berate her." He reminded her then noticed her frown and moved to reassure her again. "Which of course, I don't blame you for. I would have done the same. If not worse."

Eternal ➳ N. Mikaelson [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें