➳ 22: tangled up in the blue

AS promised, Klaus had the plantation stocked with all the food Ingrid could possibly need or crave. He also provided her with any activity she could think of.

Ingrid knew that despite her displeasure, she had to stay in the house if she wanted Klaus' plans to work. So much to her dismay, she did exactly that. For the past week, she had stayed within the grounds and did a series of boring activities. She read all the books in the house, watched all few movies, downloaded a few games onto the laptop Klaus had given her, and secretly planned out the nursery for the baby.

She didn't want to admit that she was excited and nervous to be a mother. When she was human, that's all she wanted but it was never within her reach. She was scared to admit it out loud because then it may be ripped away from her. She thought that as long as she kept it to herself, the hybrids' wish would finally be granted.

Ingrid was snapped out of her thoughts when Rebekah and Klaus walked through the front door.

Rebekah followed after Klaus with a disappointed pout of her lips. "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!"

Klaus turned to her with an amused smirk. "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" He questioned incredulously then frowned in anger. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked my wife and child!"

Rebekah scoffed and rolled her eyes.. "Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the woman carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

"Rebekah." Ingrid remarked in a warning tone, joining them in the foyer. "What are we up to? Which plan are we on now?"

Klaus beamed at her and placed a welcoming kiss on her cheek before smirking mischeviously. "Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

Rebekah grabbed a pencil from the desk beside her and threw it in Klaus' direction. He caught it easily before it could embed itself in his face and glared at her. Ingrid rolled her eyes at their immaturity and clapped her hands together, getting their attention. "Hi. Yes. Hello. How does any of this help us get Elijah back from Marcellus? Or do what Sophie asks? And may I ask when you will stop drinking with your "mortal enemy" every night?" She questioned him with a raised eyebrow, putting air quotes around the world mortal enemy.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's my friend." Klaus classified with a pointed expression. "Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly--" He turned to Rebekah and gestured for her to speak. "-- Sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah piped up with a blank expression.

Ingrid stood there, waiting to hear more, but when she realized they were finished, she blink repeatedly and gaped at them in disbelief. "Oh you're finished... please tell me that's not all you have, Niklaus."

Rebekah scoffed and rolled her eyes at the hybrid. "Please!"

Ingrid turned to her and brought her fingers down to her thumb, telling the blonde to stop talking in a nonverbal fashion. She then turned to the other hyrbid with a face of anticipation. "I do not need the theatrics or the boasting right now. I need you to be sure of your choices and be prepared to have another in its place."