➳ 78: the devil comes here and sighs

ELIJAH walked into the living room, looking for Klaus, when he found Ingrid sitting crossed legged in the couch with a large, family-size carton of Goldfish crackers and a white Styrofoam cup in her lap. On the table next to her, there was a pile of peanut butter cup wrappers along with a small, now empty, pint of ice cream.

Raising an eyebrow in confusion, he walked into the room and gestured to the scene before him. "What's going on?"

"Nothing much. What's going on with you?" She questioned, trying to avoid the question she knew would be coming, and slurped on the drink in her cup.

Elijah snatched it from her and smelled the contents through the straw. "Peanut butter milkshake." He mused lowly in a knowing tone.

Ingrid took her drink back with a scoff and brought the straw to her lips again, not responding verbally.

Her lack of denial or confirmation, fueled Elijah's suspicions and his dark brown eyes widened. "Ingrid..."

"Elijah..." she said back in the exact same tone and shoveled a handful of Goldfish into her mouth.

Elijah was about to push further for answers when Klaus and Freya walked into the room. Klaus noticed his wife's mess and smiled slightly with a low chuckle. He walked toward the couch and sat down next to her.

Freya felt Elijah's mood and glanced at him in concern. "What's wrong?" She asked him then looked between him and Ingrid. "What's going on?"

Elijah licked his lips with a small smirk and shrugged his shoulders. "Ingrid's pregnant." He blurted out quickly, unable to contain the news anymore. Ingrid glared over at him while Klaus laughed wholeheartedly.

Freya's mouth hung agape as she stared at the couple in excitement and surprise. "Really?!"

Ingrid nodded slowly and gave Elijah a look. "We wanted to wait until this prophecy nonsense was over but yes."

Freya rushed toward them and hugged the couple tightly in her arms. "This is amazing!"

Kol walked into the room and smiled awkwardly at them. "What's with the yelling?"

Freya let go of them and turned toward him with a wide smile and tears in her eyes. "They're having another baby."

Kol beamed at his sister in law and wrapped his arms tightly around her, shaking her side to side. "Congratulations, Indy!!"

She held a finger up and choked back the vomit that had risen in her throat. "Yes, thank you. Could you let me go please?"

Kol let her go and placed a kiss on the top of her head. Klaus stood up and walked toward her, placing a comforting hand on the small of her back. "Yes, super exciting. But let's get back to the matter at hand please."

They all grumbled lowly before nodding in agreement and walking off to do what they were originally doing prior. Once Klaus and Ingrid were alone, he cupped her face in his hands and kissed her tenderly on the lips. "Looks like the cat's out of the bag now."

Ingrid nodded with a slight disappointment look on her face. "Yeah..."

"What's wrong, love?" He questioned in concern.