➳ 63: i'll see you in hell or new orleans

KLAUS was sitting in his study, seated at his desk, and explaining their situation with Lucien with Ingrid, who was standing next to him with her arms crossed over her chest, and Elijah, who paced around in front of the fireplace.

"And, given the circumstance, Lucien qualifies as both friend and foe, and according to Freya's prophecy--" Klaus began but was cut off.

"--You are to beware both friend and foe. But, let us not forget family, Niklaus." Elijah pointed out sternly then looked at Ingrid. "You are not excused from the possibility either."

Ingrid scoffed and rolled her dark brown eyes. "Of course. But with that idea in mind, neither are you." She pointed out sternly, narrowing her eyes suspiciously at him.

Klaus, clearly hurt by Elijah's insinuation, paused for a moment before shrugging it off. "Lucien's two out of three-- I say we put him down. Just like old times."

"Just like old times?" Elijah questioned drolly with a sarcastic smile. "Brother, I wonder who among our family do you suppose has the greatest predilection for betrayal?"

Ingrid bit her lip to keep from snapping at him and nodded her head slowly, musing to herself.

Klaus was beginning to grow frustrated with Elijah's refusal and sighed loudly. "Brother, please--"

Elijah interrupted him again. "Now, before we murder Lucien, there are certain questions that need to be answered. Chiefly, what is he doing here?" He asked them and Klaus remained silent, but looked at him curiously. "And the wolf venom... Why would he lie to you, his sire?" Elijah picked up one of Klaus' larger paintbrushes and tossed it in the air before catching it several times. "I'm afraid we might have to resort to something deliciously medieval here."

Klaus soaked in his words and smirked. "We? I take it you will lower yourself to associate with your bastard brother?" He questioned on surprise and stood to his feet as Elijah smiled fakely at him. "Have you finally forgiven me?"

"I will consider it..." Elijah started with a blank look as Klaus became pleased by this answer and smiled at him. However that was short lived when Elijah was not the least bit amused and finished his sentence. "...When Hayley forgives you, Gia rises from the dead, and hell freezes over. For now, however, let's just hope your little friendship with Lucien doesn't disrupt our mission." Elijah sneered before turning around and leaving the room without another word.

Klaus, surprised and hurt by this reaction, just gaped in shock at Elijah's words and watched him walk away. Ingrid sucked on her teeth and glanced at her husband with a pointed expression. "He is rather adamant in his position as am I. ... let the petty games begin." She remarked with a devious smirk.

The trio made a plan and burst into Lucien's apartment to question him further on what he was doing in New Orleans. "Lucien.... Come out, come out, wherever you are." Klaus taunted as he threw the large orante doors wide open.

At the sound of his voice, Alexis walked into the living room with a sly smile. "I'm afraid you missed him."

"Where is he?" Klaus asked in suspicion.

"At the police station. A detective, Kinney, had some questions for him." The witch explained with an amused smile.

"And he allowed himself to be arrested?" Elijah queried, skeptically of Lucien's cooperation.