➳ 88: high water and a devil's daughter

ELIJAH walked into Ingrid's office and took notice of the blood bags sitting nearby. He watched as Klaus drained one into a glass and groaned in disgust. "Ugh, O-positive. You heathen." He commented sarcastically.

Ingrid sat back in her chair and rolled her eyes while Klaus stood up from his seat on the couch and clapped his hands together. "New rules. No blood shed in the house where my children sleep and play." He instructed sternly then smelt his glass and grimaced in disgust. "Perhaps I'll go out for dinner."

"Listen, I understand it sucks." Ingrid replied with a face of disappointment. "However, we cannot just feed recklessly anymore."

"Which is why I'm doing take out." Klaus replied with a cheeky smirk and turned to walk out of the door.

Elijah grabbed his arm, stopping him from leaving the room, and wagged his finger in rejection. "Oh, no, no, no, no. We have no way to know who will take Dominic's place as the Hollow's right hand. There could be any number of disciples out there."

"Yes, yes, yes, all who may have the means to kill us." Klaus mimicked his tone and rolled his eyes, waving it off. "You know, if you hadn't been so hasty to kill him, we'd be dealing with the devil we know." He threw in his older brother's face.

"Spoken by the devil I know best of all." Elijah sneered back with narrowed eyes and tried to leave the room to avoid an argument.

"I take it you have a plan." Klaus remarked knowingly and stared back at him.

"Freya will place a barrier spell on the compound. No one gets in or out." Elijah explained simply earning reactions from both the hybrids.

"Hold on." Ingrid replied, holding a finger up and raising an eyebrow. "Why wasn't this run by either of us?" She questioned in annoyance and motioned between herself and Klaus.

"Oh, so we're to stay here while our enemies seek to resurrect this monstrosity and let me guess, you won't be confined here." Klaus concluded with a bitter smile on his face.

Elijah smirked to himself and licked the corner of his lips. "I have a little errand to run."

"And while you're off cavorting all over town, I'm what? Grounded?" Klaus angrily asked, staring at him in disbelief.

"Essentially. Why don't you take out your frustration on that filthy jawbone our enemy seems so fascinated by." Elijah suggested passive-aggressively.

"Gladly." Klaus snarled furiously and stormed out of the room.

Elijah turned toward Ingrid, who held a hand up and shook her head. "Just... get out of my face."

The older Mikaelson was shocked by this but did as he was told and walked out of the room. Ingrid sighed heavily to herself and grabbed one of the blood bags before ripping the tab off and drinking the red liquid in one swift motion. She grimaced in disgust and tossed the plastic into the garbage.

Marcel covered his ears and groaned at the loud sounds above him. He snapped his head up and glanced at his visitor in aggravation. "What is going on up there?"

"Niklaus is trying to destroy the mandible but it's proving to be... resilient." Ingrid drew out with an eye roll and shifted on her feet in frustrated. "I intend to free you today while Elijah is off doing whatever it is he does."