➳ 105: we have not long to love

KLAUS, Ingrid, Hope. Eirik, and Freya were all seated at the table together, enjoying breakfast in peace as Klaus gave a speech. "The curse that plagued our family for seven years has taken its toll on all of us. On our city. On our home. On our family. The consequences of us being together were grave, but today, thanks to you---" Klaus remarked, turning toward Hope with a smile. "--we celebrate a new beginning. One in which we have the freedom to stand side by side. And whatever trials may come, we will face them together, as a family." Klaus held up his orange juice in a toast. "Always and forever."

The other four followed his lead and held up their glasses before taking a sip. "Would you please pass the beignets?" Hope asked her aunt kindly.

"Of course." Freya responded with a smile and reached across the table to hand her the plate of beignets.

"So, Rebekah will be back in a few days." Klaus informed his family with a wide smile. "She's just tying up some loose ends overseas."

Hope grabbed a beignets from the plate and nodded. "It'll be nice to have her here."

"I love Auntie Bekah." Eririk grinned and shoveled his food into his mouth.

"It'll be good to have all of us under one roof again." Freya commented, a happy expression crossing her face.

"No, it won't." Ingrid pointed out gruffly and took a sip of her orange juice as Klaus and Freya shot her unamused looks. She rolled her eyes and set her glass back down. "Am I the only one who remembers what happens when every Mikaelson is together?"

Footsteps echoed toward them and Elijah walked into the room, wearing his usual suit and tie. Both Hope and Ingrid's faces fell upon his arrival and Ingrid sunk down into her seat with a low groan.

"Good morning." He greeted them, staring at the children in astonishment. He hadn't seen them in seven years and now they were sitting before him, grown up.

"Trippy, right?" Ingrid commented, knowing what the look on his face meant.

Elijah sensed the tension between them and nodded his head in understand while fiddling with his fingers. "Obviously, there is a lot for us to discuss. Hope, let me begin by telling you how truly sorry..."

Hope glared furiously down at the table and bent a fork with her magic. She looked up at her parents with an appreciative expression and moved quickly to dismiss herself. "Thanks for breakfast, guys, but I have homework to catch up on." She said quickly then stood up from her chair and walked out of the room.

Klaus watched her in worry and Ingrid pointed at Elijah while chuckling quietly. Eirik spared Elijah a confused face and grabbed a handful of beignets before following after her. "Hope!" He called out through the hallways, chasing his older sister down.

Klaus picked up the bent fork and held it out to his wife. "That's not normal. She's not normal."

"Niklaus---" Ingrid shot him a warning look and was interrupted.

"I shouldn't have come down here." Elijah mused in guilt and looked off in the direction she ran off in.

"It's fine." Ingrid breathed out and rubbed her temple.

"At least you can claim amnesia, unlike our sister, who willingly aided a child in ruining her life." Klaus sneered slowly in anger, looking down at the table.