➳ 3: all my children

ELIJAH was walking around the study and found burnt sage Esther used last night to silence her conversation between herself and Elena and furrowed his brows in confusion.

Downstairs, Rebekah entered the living room wearing the same dress from the ball and rolled her eyes when she noticed her brothers were sitting there. Klaus was sitting on the couch, sketching Ingrid, who was busy reading an updated version of The Oxford Dictionary.

"In what context would you use the word--" Ingrid began to ask as she slowly read the word out loud with a face of confusion. "YOLO?"

Klaus snickered to himself as Kol shot him an equally confused expression. "It's an acronym for you only live once."

She nodded slowly in understanding then paused for a moment. "Humans have an unnecessary need to convince themselves to do reckless things." She commented aloud in observation as Klaus chuckled at her. "Seems practically self-absorbed."

"Well, well, well, there's our girl!" Kol remarked with a teasing look, standing before Rebekah and blocking her way.

"Get out of my way, Kol." Rebekah snarled at him, not wanting to play his game at that moment.

"Out all night. What a scandal!" Kol teased relentlessly then began to guess who she had been with. "I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?"

"Who?" Ingrid asked in confusion.

"A simple and plain human boy." Kol answered with a smirk on his face.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah threatened her brother with an angry glare as Klaus grinned to himself in amusement. She turned to him with a stern face and pointed a finger at him. "Don't start, Nik!" She snapped before pushing past Kol and standing in front of him.

Klaus held his hands up in surrender while chuckling. "I didn't say anything."

Kol threw himself back onto the couch with a dramatic sigh. "I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

"What are you waiting for?" Klaus questioned rhetorically then shrugged his shoulders. "Go on, have at it."

"It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik!" He encouraged with a grin then turned to the brunette. "Indy?"

"Who?" Ingrid questioned and turned to Klaus with a confused expression then back to Kol, pointing at herself. "Are you talking to me?"

"Yes!" Kol remarked with a smile and sat forward on the couch. "I don't like saying Ingrid. It's too formal." He answered with a teasing face of disgust and looked at Klaus with a guilt-tripping expression. "It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

Klaus thought it over for a moment before smirking in agreement. "Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date." He remarked while standing up and walking past Rebekah and toward Ingrid. "Care to join us, love?"

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in." Rebekah insulted them with a condescending smile.

Kol walked backwards toward the door and pointed at his sister. "Just like you, Bekah."