Chapter 41

Kiara:
"ALBY!" Nelly yelled making me stop my tracks.

"What now?" Alby said sounding annoyed, well he probably was.

"It's Bella"

"What did she do this time?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"She followed Ezio, Caterina and Aguilar into the maze..."

"SHE WHAT!?"

"Alby we need to follow her before the doors close!" I told him wide eyed.

"Oh bloody hell no you're not" Newt told me turning me to face him.

"Newt..."

"No Kiara, your fights with the assassins are one thing but you going in that maze is death, and I'm not losing you" Newt said looking me in the eye, the maze doors were starting to close and my eyes widened as my eyes caught sight of Bella running back toward us.

Both Newt and I turned to face the doors as we saw them close and Bella near us.

"Come on Bella" Newt whispered, his eyes stayed on the doors, she ran as fast as she could, encouragements from a few gladers could be heard around us.

"COME ON BELLA WE STILL NEED TO FIGHT MORE!" Grace yelled and I raised an eyebrow at her but she simply shrugged.

"Newt she's not gonna make it" I said as the door was now too small for her to fit, she stopped when she realized that there was no way out and I ran my fingers through my hair and Newt wrapped his arms around me as the doors closed locking Bella out.

We stayed at the door for a few minutes registering what we just witnessed "she'll just come out when the doors open" the Greenie said though he sounded and looked confused as he stared at the doors.

"The doors are closed, and no one survives a night in the glade, she's as good as gone" Newt answered coldly, I knew it hurt him to speak like that but he knew that he needed to stay strong right now.

"Everyone back to their duties, Nelly get some rest this evening" Alby ordered and we nodded, Newt's arms were wrapped in around my waist as we walked toward the girls hut, I knew I still wasn't off the hook for fighting Ezio, despite my reasons...

"Why didn't you go out with them?" Newt asked after a while of silence.

"I would've never left you Newt, you and the gladers are my family"

"But you could've saved yourself"

"It wouldn't be considered saving myself if it wasn't with you guys" I said softly.

Newt didn't speak, he simply wrapped his arms around me and kissed the crown of my head.

"Get some sleep, I'll see how I can sneak out of the homestead and join you in bed later" Newt whispered, he leaned in and kissed my lips before opening the door for me to walk into my bedroom.

I walked to bed and sat on it as I saw Newt close the door, and sighed.

Why Bella?

Just why?