Chapter 11

Newt:
I walked to where the tree was, it was my hiding spot when I wanted to be alone.

My girlfriend, she was here and yet I couldn't remember anything about her, how old she is, where she's from, her past, our relationship.

Nothing it was all just a blank.

All I knew was that I felt peace when I was with her, something within me calmed, a hole in my heart filled and I felt like I was home.

But that wouldn't be enough when she finds out what Gally saw, she wouldn't want to look at me.

Why would she? I was just some broken shank in a glade filled with other boys.

"BLOODY HELL!" I yelled pulling at the roots of my hair.

I looked at my machete and gulped, I haven't hurt myself in months, not since I hurt my leg.

I took one deep breath before taking it in my hand and exposing my covered wrist, I saw the three scars I had cut months ago and closed my eyes.

I needed this pain to stop.

Kiara:
I woke up finding Jeff sitting on the chair by my side reading a book.

It took me a few seconds to register where I was or what was going on.

"You're awake" Jeff said and I nodded sitting up and rubbing my eyes from sleep.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You're fever rose up, and Newt brought you here for your fever to go down" Jeff explained and I nodded.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"I'm guessing finishing his work in the gardens or something, we haven't seen him around the glade all day" Jeff explained gently.

Alby walked in a few minutes after Jeff and looked at me.

"Jeff can you leave us a while?" Alby said and Jeff hesitated looking at me and I nodded.

Jeff walked out leaving me and Alby alone.

Alby walked in the room and sat on the chair beside the bed looking into space, his eyes couldn't meet my own.

"I'm sorry Kiara, for everything" Alby said and I kept my eyes on him, I had nothing to say really and it wasn't a case where I could say it's fine and actually mean it.

"Gally woke up, he's still going through the changing but the morphine was running out, he remembers things, it's normal when going through the changing, and he mentioned you" Alby looked me in the eye.

"You were there on the day they were taking us away" Alby gulped "you were fighting with all you had to get us out, the scar on your stomach was one you got that day" my hand went to the scar I saw while I was showering though I didn't know how I got it.

"You begged for Newt" Alby gulped at this "cried for him, killed whoever was in that room watching us..." Alby stopped when Minho came running in with a panicked expression.

"Alby Newt is at it again" Minho said looking from me to Alby and Alby frowned before getting up quickly.

"We'll talk later, just rest for now" Alby said before running out and following Minho.

"What the bloody hell?"