Chapter 56

Kiara:
"Hold on... you guys want me to do what?" Grace asked with wide eyes.

"Oh, come on Grace, you know he likes you" I said trying to reason with her.

"Well, I definitely don't like him" Grace crossed her arms, we were in the map room, somehow it stayed intact during everything we've been through and I had to be honest at that point, the builders really did do a good job.

"Please!" I begged "we just need to distract him enough to untie Thomas as he's supposed to be unconscious, Teresa will manage her knot" I begged looking her in the eye.

"Kiara, as much as I love you, which I technically don't at this very moment, no!"

"Well then since you don't really love me, then you can do it" I said in a suggesting tone.

"Come on Gracie, someone has to take one for the team" Aria reasoned.

"Why can't you girls do it?"

"You're technically the only single one between us, and Gally would never believe that I'm cheating on Newt" I said reasoning.

"Any luck?" Ezio asked entering the map room, I shook my head "Grace, how hard can it be to seduce a guy who has probably never had any sexual pleasure?"

"Why the hell would I be pleasuring Gally?"

"I said seduce, not pleasure Grace!" Ezio ran his finger through his hair.

"Look, I'll make you a deal, you do this, and I give you my dagger" Aguilar said looking at Grace, he was sitting on top of the table behind us.

"Hold on, what?" I asked looking at Aguilar, the blade was given to him by the king, who is technically my father, when he announced that he would marry me.

"You're going to give me, Grace, a blade?" Grace asked wide eyed, her excitement visible in her voice, I kept my eyes on his and he simply smiled giving me a quick nod, one which I couldn't bring myself to return.

"Yes, if you do this, my blade..." he took it out of his belt and showed to Grace "is yours"

"Deal"

******************

I watched as Grace walked out of the map room and headed toward the slammer where Gally was standing watching Thomas who was inside there, forcing Teresa to be by his side as he did not want her 'wandering' off.

"Why would you give her your blade?" I asked Aguilar once we were out of earshot.

"It doesn't matter anymore, it's not like you're going to marry me anyway, why would it make a difference?" Aguilar asked raising an eyebrow at me "you chose him, with or without your memory, he was your choice and I've got no other options"

"Aguilar, you always knew that I loved Newt, you were my best friend, but I never saw you as more than that" I said looking him in the eye, he sighed but nodded.

"I know, it was my fault for thinking otherwise anyway" he said avoiding my eyes, I looked down at my feet avoiding his eyes, I knew he grew up loving me, I just couldn't love him back the way he loved me, I tried, but I couldn't.

"I'm sorry Aguilar"

"For?"

"Breaking your heart I guess, you came here after me despite me leaving, fighting you, telling you that I hated you, you still came here for me"

"I would've taken you out if I could too, but then again you and Newt were always together" he teased making me laugh "I would die for you Princess, that is something that you need to keep in mind" Aguilar's eyes met mine and I could see the honesty behind his words.

"Come on, let's go fix that knot before Gally manages to recompose himself" Aguilar said as we saw Grace walking back from wherever she went, she nodded at us and I smiled nodding back before entering the map room.

"Grace's part is done, come on let's go fix Thomas's knot"