Chapter 36

Kiara:
I walked out of my room and headed to the kitchen to help Frypan with dinner.

Newt saw me and of course ignored me as he walked in the other direction.

Shaking my head and putting on a smile I entered the kitchen to find Aria and Grace laughing about some joke Grace said.

She's been here for three months now and her job was with us in the kitchen, which resulted in Frypan wanting to murder us sometimes.

"Hi" I smiled.

"Hey" both girls said in sync.

"Frypan what do you need me to do?" I asked.

"You can start by preparing the chicken broth, then cutting the onions and garlic" I nodded and started working, occasionally sharing conversations with the girls until we were done and it was dinner time.

I served everyone before heading to the girls hut having lost my appetite and took out the book of assassins reading through it.

A knock on the door broke my train of thoughts and I looked up to find Aria and Grace entering the room slowly.

"You okay?" Aria asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" I smiled, though I knew that it didn't reach my eyes but I didn't care.

"You missed dinner" Grace stated.

"Not the first time, but I guess I'm getting my period soon so yeah" I said shrugging.

"So is that why Newt was sitting with Alby rather than in our table?" Aria asked and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Aguilar kissed me" I blurted out making Aria and Grace's eyes widen.

"Newt saw him, I didn't kiss him back and slapped him in the face, but you know how Newt is" I sighed hugging my knees.

"Did he say anything?" Grace asked, by now both girls were sitting on my bed beside me.

Newt:
"He snapped at Aguilar and had it not been Ezio there would've been a fight, then I apologized to him but of course he ignored me and just walked away" I heard Kiara say making my heart ache.

"Kiara it's not your fault why would you be apologizing?" Aria asked confused, I was standing by the door wanting to enter but with the girls in there I couldn't, so shaking my head I walked out of the hut and sat by the door.

"Hey" Bella said smiling at me.

"Hi" I said nodding to her, she frowned when she saw my expression and sat beside me.

"You okay?" She asked and I nodded looking away from her only for her to cup my cheeks and make me look at her.

"What's wrong Newt?" She asked her voice just above a whisper, I didn't notice her leaning in as she kept her hand on my cheek.

"It's nothing to worry about" I said pulling away from her making her frown.

"What do you see in her that makes you not even spare a glance at me?" Bella asked annoyed.

"I love her! What part of stay the fuck away from me do you not get?" I asked angrily.

"Newt?"