Chapter 68

Newt:
"Please don't tell me that she just said what I think she did" I said looking at Ezio who avoided my eyes.

What am I going to do with you Kiara?

"Just let her do her thing Newt, she'll come back" Federico assured seeing how worried and tense I was, I was about to respond when a bullet hit the back window of the bus, missing us all, but it hit one of the front seats.

"Sure, with men holding guns right now, yeah, I'll casually let her do her thing" I snapped as her older brother rolled his eyes on me and opened the door of the bus.

"Well there little gladers, looks like you're getting a front row seat of an assassin show" Federico said smirking, he looked up for a second before closing the door, I frowned in confusion and went to one of the windows to find that Niccolo was standing on top of one of the higher buildings, the two jaguars beside him, and a few more men and women with cloaks over their heads, all of them crouching down, looking at the WICKED guards.

"Here's the little deal" I heard my girlfriend say, she jumped on the hood of the bus, then casually down on the floor, Aguilar was at her heel looking at the guards, both their blades out as they looked at the now frightened men "you let this bus go, and you live, one more bullet touches that bus, and I give you my word, none of you will live to tell the tale"

"Group A are WICKED property"

"One"

"You can't do this"

"Two" Kiara raised her hand as if giving an order, the assassins were now prepared, even Caterina, Ezio, and Federico prepared to attack, my own eyes widened when Federico motioned for us to get down.

"We will leave" the man suddenly said seeing the threat he just put himself through, I stood up to find that Kiara had opened her palm, motioning for everyone to stop, though everyone was still ready to attack, none of them moved.

"Faith? What is going on?" I whispered.

"She gave us the order to stay ready, though none of us will attack if the WICKED guards leave" Faith whispered to me, my eyes met Thomas's who stood just as baffled as I was, his hand holding Teresa's as if both their lives depended on it, Aria was beside Grace and Chuck, while Minho and Frypan were somewhere close, Gally kept his eyes on Kiara, waiting for her to come back despite her telling him to reverse, he wouldn't move.

I saw the WICKED guards retreat and clear the road for us, Kiara slowly walked back to the bus, Aguilar beside her, putting a hand on her back, he leaned in and whispered something to her, she stopped her tracks and nodded before turning back to the guards.

"By the way, in case you're going to report seeing me to the king and queen, be sure to let them know that I say hi" Kiara said sarcastically before getting inside the bus, she waited for Aguilar to get in before closing the door, the glass in front of Gally was mostly broken due to the bullet that was shot.

"We're going to need a new bus" Kiara said looking at Gally.

"And you are going to need to stop RISKING your life every ten minutes"

"I think finding a bus would be an a lot easier bargain" Caterina commented.

"I haven't known her for long, but even I know that it's true Newt" Thomas said making me glare at him, he shrugged and rolled his eyes on me, I kept my eyes on my girlfriend who walked toward me.

"Where is your sense of adventure my love" Kiara smiled wrapping her arms around me, I buried my head in the crook of her neck and kissed her neck softly.

"I'll be sure to show it to you the second we're alone"