Chapter 7

Kiara:
I walked around the glade aimlessly, I honestly didn't know what to do and somehow ended up watching Gally and the builders finish a building.

"Care to help greenie?" Gally asked and I nodded walking over to him.

"I just need you told hold this up" Gally said and I did as told despite my injured palm.

"How's your hand?" Gally asked.

"Getting better" I said shrugging.

"What are you building anyway?" I asked, it was as if they were building something like a big window.

"It's been raining a lot, and whenever it did the crops got ruined and the animals got sick so we're going to build something to keep them safe" Gally explained cleaning the glass.

"You know for a greenie, you're awfully quiet, usually they ask millions of questions" Gally said and I shrugged.

"Sometimes it's better to observe before asking" I said calmly and Gally looked me in the eye before nodding.

"You're scared of us aren't you?" He asked after a few minutes of silence, his voice was gentle and genuine.

"In a way" I said honestly "I just feel out of place and yeah..." I said smiling before shaking my head and handing the glass thing to Gally.

"I'll go check if Frypan needs help in the kitchen" I said and Gally nodded putting the glass safely before his hand wrapped around my wrist, well the blade bracelet anyway.

"You're safe with us" Gally said pulling me face him, my eyes met his and I could see the honesty behind his words "we'll make sure no one hurts you, you're family now"

I smiled and stood on my toes kissing his cheek before walking away to the kitchen.

"Hey Frypan" I smiled and he looked at me and smiled.

"Hey princess" he said and I shook my head.

"You're gonna keep calling me princess aren't you?" I asked and he smiled.

"Any problem with that?" He teased and I shook my head.

"Good that" he smiled.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

"Shouldn't you be resting your hand?"

"I see everyone is more concerned about my hand than I am" I teased making him laugh.

"Well no one holds a sharp knife blade with his palm the way you did" Frypan reasoned and I rolled my eyes playfully "I was just starting lunch if you want to help"

"Okay, what do you need me to do?"

************
"I see you've been keeping busy" Alby said entering the kitchen to find me baking cookies, I had convinced Frypan to let me use flour to bake them.

"What smells so good?" Newt asked entering the kitchen.

"The little princess here made cookies" Frypan answered "turns out she's got skills in the kitchen"

"For someone who's as tiny as she is, I'm honestly surprised" Newt teased and I threw flour at him making him chuckle.

"Shouldn't you've been resting?" Alby asked gently.

"I was, but I got bored" I said honestly.

"And you enjoyed thee kitchen?" Newt asked.

"It's more enjoyable than you think by the way" I said as the bell to the first batch of cookies rang and I smiled taking them out before putting the second in.

"Perfect soft cookies" I said slowly examining that they were cooked and not burned.

"Here try them" I said removing them with a spatula and putting them on a plate "careful they're hot" I said putting the plate between the three boys.

"Bloody hell" Newt moaned in delight.

"I know right" Frypan said and even Alby looked as if he was in trance.

"I take it you like them?" I asked smirking.

"More like are in love with them" Frypan said and I laughed and washed my hand.

The bell rang to for the second batch and I took it out of the oven slowly placing it on the counter before distributing them on the plate.

I found Newt staring at me a gentle smile forming on his lips before it faded and was replaced by his usual smirk.

I cleaned up my mess as Frypan rang the bell for everyone to gather up, I wanted to help him but he rejected and thanked me for helping in the first place.

Turns out we finished making lunch a little while earlier and I cleaned up the mess we made so he wanted me to rest.

I found Newt waiting for me as I left the kitchen "hi" I smiled.

"Hey greenie" Newt said taking his plate from Frypan and mine from my hand.

"You know I can carry my own plate" I stated.

"Yeah, but that would mean you can go sit anywhere, this way I can take you to the table and make sure you stay out of trouble" Newt teased.

"Hey not my fault, trouble finds me attractive and follows me" I raised my hand in mock surrender making Newt chuckle.

"Well we can't blame it for finding you attractive can we?" Newt said and I blushed before slapping his arm playfully.

"I'm sorry if I upset you last night" Newt said gently, this time his playfulness gone and replaced by gentleness.

I took his hand in mine and squeezed gently, he looked at our hands and I could swear I saw him blush as he slowly moves his fingers spreading them for ours to intertwine.

I didn't move my hand and nor did he which made me smile.

"I'm not upset Newt" I said gently and he smiled, this time a real genuine smile, one that reached his eyes.

"You've got a nice smile by the way" I said voicing out my thoughts making Newt blush, the food was long forgotten as I touched his cheek, Newt leaned in to my touch.

"Help!" a glader came running snapping us out of our daze.

"What happened?" I asked and Newt shook his head getting up.

"What's wrong?" Newt asked taking my hand in his.

"It's Gally, he's been stung"