Chapter 28

Newt:
Okay if I thought the girls were crazy, I was wrong.

This new greenie was bloody mental.

She's been on top of the watch tower throwing profanities and rocks at us.

"WOULD YOU PLEASE CALM DOWN!" Alby yelled, Ezio and Aguilar were nowhere to be seen.

"YOU CUNT SUCKING, DAMN ASSHOLES!"

Yeah, it's been going on like that for almost an hour now.

"CAN YOU AT LEAST LISTEN?" I yelled, her eyes met mine and she stopped as recognized who I was.

"Couldn't you have done that an hour ago?" Minho asked looking frustrated.

"I'm going to climb up" I told her.

"And how the hell do you plan on doing that?" She asked pointing at her foot meaning my limp, I smirked and started climbing up the ladder.

"That's how" I said extending my hand for her to shake.

"Newt"

"I know who you are" she whispered "Caterina" she took my hand and shook it.

"I see you know I'm Kiara's boyfriend" I smirked at her, our voices low enough for no one to hear us.

"Always have always will" she smirked back.

"Do you think you can stop attacking us and come down?" I asked and she raised an eyebrow, the smirk not leaving her face.

"I could, but where's the fun in that?" she asked making me chuckle.

"Come on let's get you down to meet the others" I told her and she nodded, I climbed down and she climbed down after me, I grabbed her waist and helped her down the last few steps she smiled at me then glared at the other gladers.

"Caterina, this is Alby" I introduced her to our leader "he'll show you around and give you the rules, then we'll find you a place to sleep in the girls hut" I said and she nodded walking toward an annoyed Alby.

"Come on" he told her and she followed him as they walked away.

"Has anyone seen Kiara?"

"In the kitchen with Aria" Frypan answered and I nodded and headed to the kitchen.

I wanted to enter the kitchen but froze when I saw Kiara putting a spoon of cake batter in Aguilar's mouth and he smiled at her giving her an approving nod like I used to do and she smiled in satisfaction.

Ezio was sitting in front of the girls watching them and laughing as they shared small talk, and I must admit I couldn't help feeling jealous.

My final point was reached when Aguilar wrapped his arms around Kiara and hugged her as they both laughed at some teasing joke she said, I walked away ignoring them and headed to the garden.

Kiara:
"What's taking them so long?" I asked Ezio and Aguilar.

"Caterina is probably driving them nuts, you know she likes to play her role properly" Aguilar answered looking at Ezio.

"Well at least she played her role" Ezio answered back smirking.

"I was being a gentleman" Aguilar stated making me laugh.

"Yeah a gentleman that glared daggers at my boyfriend whenever he caught sight of him" I laughed and he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a hug.

"You are our princess, we should be keeping you safe" he said pulling away to look me in the eye, I rolled my eyes at him and went back to mixing my batter.

Frypan entered the kitchen and smiled when he saw us.

"Hey Fry" I smiled.

"Hi, by the way Newt asked about you" Frypan stated, I could see Aguilar tense up when he heard that.

"Where's he?" I asked.

"I don't know, he came in this direction, I thought he was coming to you"

"He didn't" I said confused.

"He probably went to the garden or something" Frypan said and I shrugged letting it slide before putting my the batter in the fridge to cool down for a bit, yeah we had one in the glade.

************
"Hi love" I smiled when I saw Newt during dinner.

"Hi" he said not looking up from his bowl of soup, I looked at Minho in confusion who shrugged.

Not wanting to cause a problem, I avoided talking to him and just focused on talking to Aria, Valarie and Minho.

Newt finished eating and got up without saying a word confusing all of us.

"Did you two fight again?" Aria whispered.

"Not a fight that I know of, he was cool this morning" I whispered back.

"He's probably stressed from work" Valarie said and I nodded looking in the direction he went to talk to the new greenie, who I've learned is Caterina.

She smiled when she saw him and he did too sharing a small conversation before he went to Alby to probably start the preparations of the bonfire.

I finished eating then got up and headed to the kitchen to help Frypan only to be stopped by Caterina.

"Princess Kiara" she whispered smiling, she stood in front of me "I apologize for not greeting you properly earlier I had to keep cover" she whispered extending her hand, I smiled and shook her hand holding my bowl in my left hand.

"Allow me to help you" she said gently but I shook my head smiling.

"Don't worry love I've got it" I said in the same gentle manner.

"Newt said there was a bonfire tonight, is there anything you want me to help you with?" She asked and I shook my head.

"The bonfire is for you beautiful, you don't help in this one, but maybe next time" I told her and her smile widened before she nodded and gave me a small bow.

I smiled back and walked past her into the kitchen and washed my dish and a few that were in the sink to help clear the area, my mind still wondering what had Newt in such a mood.

"Kiara, Alby said you can start taking out the things to the table" Gally walked in and I nodded, he helped me carry the trays and soon the keepers lit up the fire clapping their hands as they did so.

Newt's eyes met mine, and they hardened the second we made eye contact making me frown, what the hell?

Not wanting to cause trouble I looked away hiding my pain and sat down by Valarie and Caterina as we started talking.

I watched as the girls and guys bonded only to notice that Nelly was alone, she looked worried as she whispered something to Alby who frowned.

She and Alby walked up to me and I got up to face them.

"Have you seen Bella?"