Chapter 70

Newt:
The bus came to a stop in front of an abandoned warehouse.

"Gally, where are we?" I asked, I wrapped my arm around Kiara's waist holding her to me and she smiled leaning in to my touch. The drive was long, the two of us had slept for a while, woken up, and the bus was yet to arrive at the destination.

"We are at the princess's secret warehouse" Gally said looking at Kiara who raised an eyebrow.

"I would think that you would know me a lot better than that Gally, my hideout isn't the warehouse" Kiara said nodding at me. She took a step forward toward the door, still being in my arms, I walked with her and she knocked the door three times in what seemed like a pattern. The door opened a few seconds later revealing a man who bowed when he saw Kiara standing in front of him.

"Princess"

"Igor" Kiara said nodding before walking inside, removing herself from my arm, she took my hand in hers and intertwined our fingers. The two of us walking inside hand in hand while the other gladers and assassins followed us.

"Where are we Kiara?" Grace asked, Aguilar was standing by her side, his eyes remaining on Gally who glared at the pair. If anyone asked me, I didn't even know how the two started dating in the first place, but now wasn't the time to discuss this matter.

"We are on top of the assassin's gathering hall. Don't worry we're safe here" Kiara said walking toward a door inside the building, I raised an eyebrow at her and she smiled standing on her toes, she kissed my cheek before clearing her throat. Men and Women appeared from inside the shadows, the sight scared me. But they all got on their knee bowing to Kiara, Aguilar, Ezio, Caterina, Federico, and Niccolo did the same, getting on one knee, they all bowed their heads not looking at Kiara who nodded at them to rise, she didn't look at any of the gladers as she did. Keeping her eyes on the assassins who seemed to be waiting for her to speak.

"The gladers are now in our care" Kiara said looking at me, she nodded, giving me a gentle smile before she looked at the assassins again "Wicked cannot reach them here, however, we can't keep them locked here, they should be having a safe place to go to should they decide to leave"

"Where will we go?" Thomas asked looking at Kiara who smiled at him.

"Wherever you desire, I will be sure to ensure that it is safe for you and that you do not need anything, whether it is money, clothes, or a place to stay..."

"You're kidding Kiara?" I asked looking at my girlfriend who seemed to have lost her mind.

"Newt..."

"We are not going to leave you and just leave" Gally said glaring at Kiara who smiled.

"I never said that you will, you are free to follow me on the journey I'll be taking, but I can't force you to follow me" Kiara said softly, the assassins were now looking at us, their eyes wide as they saw us speaking to Kiara in such a manner "should any of you want to stop, want to leave, want to go and find him or herself a place to stay, I will not be stopping you"

"We have no one to go back to Kiara, we are family. How could it be possible for you to think that we would leave you?" Aria said gently, Kiara smiled and nodded at her.

"She obviously just wants to go back to her palace, why else would she be dismissing all of us?" Minho asked shocking me, my eyes widened as I turned to face the lad who was now walking forward "you simply want to go back to your family, your mom, your throne..."

"Minho, I will give you three seconds to shut up, or so help me God I will break your nose" Kiara said looking at Minho who frowned in confusion at the way she spoke to him. He had been tempting her for a while and she was quiet for my sake. But Minho was crossing his line.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Just because you are a princess doesn't mean..." I stopped Minho by punching him in the face. Everyone's eyes widened and I glared at Minho who was processing what just happened.

"If you ever speak to her in a sense that annoys her. You will find me standing in front of you" I said glaring at him, Kiara kept her eyes on mine and she nodded giving me a soft smile.

"If Kiara says something, then we are listening to her. I am the leader, you will all follow her or I swear you will be left behind" I snapped glaring the gladers who were quiet "carry on princess"

I nodded at Kiara who smiled, my eyes hard on the gladers who were quiet, Chuck stood beside Thomas who was beside me, both their eyes looking at me as if I've grown a second head.

"Will you really leave us behind?" Chuck whispered to me.

"Of course he won't shuck face, but you know that he has to keep rules on us" Grace said hitting Chuck in the back of his head. Minho kept his eyes away from me as he glared Kiara who was talking about how she was going to keep us safe, how she was going to provide everything we needed until it was time to leave.

"Princess, we already have everything ready for everyone. You needn't worry"

"I am aware Lorenzo, I have no doubt in that. I believe that the gladers need to rest, show them to their rooms and we'll discuss what's needed in the meeting hall" Kiara said turning around and pushing a password before she opened two doors which she nodded at us to walk through. The assassins followed and she was the last to walk past before closing the door and locking the door.

I stood waiting for her but she smiled at me, walking toward me, she wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me and pecking my lips before pulling away making me raise an eyebrow.

"I've got a few things to finish love, I'll come back soon, Claudia will show the gladers to their rooms and you to mine, it's been a while since we were alone" Kiara whispered to me and I chuckled as she kissed my cheek.

"Be safe" I said softly and she smiled before she walked away toward one of the halls,  few women and men came to us, Aguilar and Federico were with them.

"Aren't you joining them?" I asked Aguilar.

"Someone has to ensure that you guys don't end up killing one another, so, to answer your question, no"