Chapter 65

Kiara:
"Bloody hell!" I hissed as Federico cleaned the bullet wound I got on my shoulder, yeah, I forgot to to mention, I got shot...

"You're lucky that the bullet just scraped your shoulder, now stop complaining" Federico scolded dabbing the wound with more alcohol, I had to fight back a scream as he did but he casually bandaged my shoulder before getting up to throw wipes he used to clean the cut, Caterina doing the same as she was cleaning Aguilar's cuts, yeah the battle was a bit deadlier than we thought it'd be.

"I'm not really sure whether I should be kissing you, hugging you, or scolding you for being so bloody reckless, you could've been killed Kia!" Newt snapped at me.

"It was either you or me Newt, and I sure as hell wasn't going to choose it any other way" I said glaring at my boyfriend.

"Do you two really think it's the best time to argue?" Nikki asked exposing her head from under the hood she was wearing, her brown eyes met mine and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I hate to admit it Kiara, but your assassin friend does have a point, Grace" Grace smiled looking at the girl.

"Nikki" she nodded smiling back before nodding at us.

"Well, we wouldn't be arguing if she wasn't always throwing herself in the face of danger" Newt snapped at the girls who shied back knowing that the blonde was not to be argued with right now, I was about to answer when a sound came from the outside making us all quiet down, the sound all too familiar, my eyes widened and I motioned to the gladers to quiet down as a few if THEM passed.

Newt looked at my frightened expression and frowned but I motioned to him to keep quiet, if there were four, there were more, these people, things, I don't know what to call them, never went alone, they had to be in groups, in their opinions it kept them safe, at least, I think...

It was a while before we were able to talk again, but we were whispering in fear that another would be lurking around the corner, Newt looked at me and put a hand on my knee startling me, he quickly removed his hand when he saw my startled state, I took his hand in mine and intertwined our fingers, giving him an assuring smile which he could tell was forced.

"They're called Cranks, they're infected with the flare, most don't know what they're doing, they tend to get super aggressive..."

"If by super aggressive you mean deadly, then yeah" Ezio muttered stopping me, I looked at him and frowned remembering that he wasn't immune.

"Ezio, you know that you need to get out of here, Aguilar isn't immune but it's only if he gets caught by one of them, you, Caterina, Francesco..."

"You really are delusional if you think for a second that we'd be leaving you, we'll take you as far as we can, Aguilar will be sure to not get infected, plus we're yet to show the signs..."

"Signs?" Newt asked looking at Ezio, both of them sharing a look making me frown.

"Newt..."

"You were already infected when you came back to the maze, weren't you?" Newt asked Ezio my eyes widened and I looked at my older brother who avoided my eyes "WICKED has explained the disease concept to us, somehow, but..."

"I will not leave her Newt, look you may be her lover and you may want to protect her but she is my sister" Ezio suddenly snapped my eyes widened when I saw him taking a step toward Newt who stood up, I took his hand wanting to pull him back but Newt pushed me behind him.

"You're losing yourself Ezio, if you keep going on like this, you will end up hurting your sister yourself" Newt said looking at Ezio who suddenly snapped out of whatever daze he was in, he took a step back, Newt not leaving my hand for a second, Nikki and Aguilar standing close while the gladers seemed baffled by what was going on, I couldn't blame them.

I was about to speak when the door to the house we were in opened revealing a masked man, his body bulky and huge, holding a gun in his arms, my his eyes scanned us before he removed the mask making our eyes widen.

"Gally?"