Chapter 72

Newt:
I smiled at my beauty who walked inside the room. Her eyes meeting mine for a second before her smile widened.

I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tightly. The two of us hadn't had enough privacy since we left the glade, and it was taking every single bit of self control as not to take her on her bed right now.

She rested her forehead against my chest for a second before her lips kissed my chest where my heart was beating making me smile. I put a finger under her chin and raised her face to look at me, however, for the first time in days, she avoided my eyes.

"I take it you have something planned that you know I'll hate, but you don't want to tell me about it" I said raising an eyebrow at her. She frowned in confusion and I sighed "well, I had hoped you'd tell me"

"Were you eavesdropping on me?" Kiara asked and I shook my head.

"Minho followed you, he told me that you're planning on going to the palace, and the one reason that you would be going without wanting me to know is you knowing that your life is in danger" I said looking Kiara in the eye. She looked down at my chest wanting to avoid my eyes but I raised her face to look at me "why do you keep doing this, Kia? Don't you realize that you're not in this alone?"

"Newt..."

"I don't want any excuses, Kiara, we kept finding out a lot about one another over the years. We fell in love, truly, and deeply. I don't understand why you don't want me by your side in situations where you know that I can keep you safe" I said looking at my girlfriend whose eyes welled up in tears. I frowned before wrapping my arms around her, hugging her, paying close attention that she still had a bullet wound on her shoulder.

"You're a leader, Newt, I escaped my own duties as a princess here..."

"No, you didn't run, nor did you escape. I heard of what you did, Claudia told me how much you fought to get us out of the experiment. How many men and women you assigned to keep different kids safe, how much you've put into doing what you were when you were not more than a child. Those duties were supposed to be done by the king and queen, yet you took them upon your head and fulfilled what they couldn’t..."

"They'll kill me, Newt..."

"Not if we can help it, no one will lay a finger on you" I whispered to her. My forehead rested against hers and she smiled weakly at me. The two of us looking one another in the eye as I wiped her tears from her eyes.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to her bed. The two of us just sitting on it as I wrapped my arms around her, holding her to my chest as my back rested against the bed's backrest.

It was a while later before Kiara turned to face me. Her eyes darkening with a familiar look which I would recognize anywhere, her arms wrapping around my neck as she kissed my jawline making my breath quicken.

Steamy part ahead.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her to sit on top of my lap, straddling me as she moved against my lap with haste making my eyes shut in pleasure.

I bit her bottom lip pulling her lips apart and shoving my tongue in her mouth. Exploring it as if my life depended on it.

Our clothes came off in a haste, the two of us knowing that our lust for one another has been held up for long enough, and it was minutes later that I was aligning myself with her entrance.

Earning a gasp as I pushed into her, my eyes screwed shut as I felt her tightness around me. Her eyes rolling to the back of her head as she lost herself in bliss.

"I love you" I whispered to her stopping completely until she opened her eyes to look at me. With us being connected in such a way, I knew that I wouldn't exchange that to the world.

"I love you too"

**************
I opened my eyes to frown in confusion when I realized that Kiara wasn't in my arms.

My eyes widened in realization that she had exhausted me last night to sneak out. Taking a deep breath, I got dressed and quickly rushed out of the room to find any of the assassins, more specifically Ezio or Caterina, to lead us to the bloodied palace where she was going to risk her life.

A note was left beside fresh folded clothes making me shake my head at my naive, idiotic mind which believed that she would listen to what I had said.

The note had simple words that made my chest ache.

I'm so sorry, Newt, if I'm doing this, it's because I love you.

-Kia.

Folding the note, I threw it on top of the table, running out of the room, as fast as my limp could take me anyway to find Ezio already waiting for me.

"Ezio..."

"We're already set and waiting, Aguilar told us where they would be. But we have to be fast"