Chapter 8

Newt:
"HOW THE BLOODY SHUCK DID THAT HAPPEN?" I yelled through the crowd of boys who were to pulling Gally to the Med-Jacks.

"He suddenly came out of the maze, stung" Chris one of the gladers said and Kiara's eyes wide at the sight of Gally, veins popped out of his neck, he was mostly unconscious and if we don't get him to the Med-Jacks fast...

"Kiara love" I said snapping her out of her inner panic "can you go to the Med-Jacks and tell them Gally got stung? They'll know what to do" my eyes were fixed on hers and she nodded.

I watched as she ran as fast as she could toward the homestead before turning to help the gladers.

"What happened?" Alby asked running to the commotion.

"Gally got stung" I said pulling Gally upright.

"Come on Gally help me out here" I said and Alby's eyes went wide before he helped me pull Gally toward the homestead.

"Someone go tell Clint and Jeff..."

"I already sent Kiara, but we need to get him there fast" I said and Alby nodded as we dragged Gally.

Kiara:
I barged into the Med-Jacks hut trying to catch my breath.

"Greenie what's going on?" Clint asked me with wide eyes.

"Gally... He's been..."

"Breathe greenie" Jeff said slowly standing up.

I took one deep breath "Gally's been stung" upon saying that both boys' eyes went wide.

"Get the grief serum" Jeff told Clint.

"Kiara help me out?" He asked me and I nodded.

"These ropes should tie him down, get the bed ready and water" Jeff told me throwing the ropes on a chair behind him.

"Why do you need ropes?" I asked frowning, also preparing the bed.

"He's going to go through the changing and it won't be pretty" was all Jeff answered before sanitizing a needle and filling it with blue serum.

Newt and Alby kicked the door open and brought an unconscious Gally inside, I held the door for them as they walked in before running toward the bed and helping the lads tie him down to the bed.

"Tight knots, Gally's one of the strongest on normal state" Clint told Jeff and then checked my knots nodding and patting my back.

The sanitized Gally's neck before inserting the needle in and Gally's body jerked slight before he opened his eyes once then they rolled to the back of his head.

I stood staring at the whole scene feeling frozen in my spot, I couldn't move a muscle, nor could I hear my surrounding all I saw was Gally's body in front of me.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that Gally's body jerked up and he started screaming and pulling on the ropes that I snapped out of my daze.

I looked at the guys who saw him wither in pain but not move an inch.

"He's going through the changing" Clint told me.

"Give him something to sleep" I said and Gally screamed again.

"Kiara he has to go through the whole phase" Jeff said gently.

"He is in pain" I said covering my ears to block out the screams.

"That's the process greenie" Alby said but I pushed past him and got a bowl from one of the cabinets.

"What are you doing?" Newt asked me.